Want to have an avatar/user pic? Read this thread.

Kat

Hi, I'm new here. I uploaded an avatar (an original Bran Stark fanart I did) using Gravatar and it appeared to work when I clicked DONE. But then when I posted in the forums my icon didn't appear. It's the same problem a few users above me are reporting. Will it show up eventually?

EDIT: Never mind, it showed up after a few posts. *whew*

Edited by StewardSatin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hrmmm... I've been trying to change my avatar for a while and it seems to be very finicky. Also, the original instructions in this message may need to be changed as the format of the website has obviously changed and there is no Direct URL option anymore.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is it possible to upload an avatar from computer at all? Whatever size or type the image I am trying to upload is, it just says that it can't be done. :frown5:

Nevermind, I got it. Looks like I just had to post something :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

5. Important last step!! Pick an option that isn't #1. You cannot actually upload a photo onto the server, but there is no way to remove this option from the board software. Use one of the other options (linking to a picture with a URL hosted elsewhere, such as Photobucket, or logging into Gravatar).

I don't have the "image from URL option" at all. I just have options one and three, and I don't have Gravatar. How do I upload a photo?

Maybe you can help me: I've never had any problem with my user pic, but now it's gone / disappeared :-(

And when I want to use the same picture again (that picture I've alwyas had as my avatar), it doesn't work and there's every time:

"Incorrect image format".

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...