Want to have an avatar/user pic? Read this thread.

Kat

Please help. I cannot seem to figure this out, and I've never had this level of difficulty with an online forum before. I understand that the board won't allow uploading an image from my computer, but I also can't find any option to link to an image on the web. The only option I see offered me is "Gravatar". Am I missing something here (I hope it's too obvious). I would prefer it if I didn't have to sign up for any other online service (like Gravatar) so I hope that there is some other option. It appears that there was, if I'm reading earlier posts in this thread correctly, but if such an option is still available, I'm unable to figure it out. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody, my choice is computer or gravatar also but neither works.

Update: Posted once and tried again to upload directly from computer and it worked. Pic has to be 50kb or less though.

I tried but it doesn't work either. Not 20,30, 40 or 50 KB :dunno:

Edit: It worked through Gravatar only.

Edited by Caterina Sforza

• 2 weeks later...

Gravatar isn't working for me, and hasn't for some time (since the show started again iirc). I check the box for using gravatar, the avatar shows up in the little window, hit ok, but it doesnt upload. And if I go back to the "Change Avatar" option again the Gravatar box is no longer checked.

Screenshots to help explain it -

Choosing Gravatar option

Returning to Change Photo (no longer have an avatar, and Gravatar box has been unchecked)

It isn't a huge issue, as I can still use the computer upload option, but searching for images under 50kb is a bit of a pita

It isn't a huge issue, as I can still use the computer upload option, but searching for images under 50kb is a bit of a pita

You do not need to search for them, just open them in paint and resize them. At least that is what I do.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/21/2011 at 5:26 PM, ICE CROW said:

I find the best site for hosting images to use as avatars is www.imgaeshack.com its free to sign up and im not sure the limit of photos you can upload for free i have like a 100 right now. I get my avatar through linking to my imageshack, also some frineds of mine here at westeros link through my account as well its easy and free you should look into it.

It also lets you resize images extremely easy, i think you can even upload and use pics without making an account try messin around with it.

thank you. good recommendation

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...