Kat

Want to have an avatar/user pic? Read this thread.

Does anyone know how I can get a .gif file as an avatar? I tried with Gravatar, but it doesn't work, neither does uploading from my computer.

I'd be really thankful for some help. :)

I don't know, but maybe you can send Liar or eddard of the house stark a PM. They both have .gifs.

I'm in the same boat. :(

*edit*

OK, not in the same boat anymore. It's working for me now. I made 4 posts in various forums and chopped down my avatar size to 150x150 since my initial post. I'm not sure if either or both had a hand in the photo upload working form my PC this time. I hope that helps.

It did help! Thanks! I made four posts, then tried to upload a small sized pic (lj icon size), and it finally worked. I guess you need to have a couple of posts to be able to upload a pic in the first place.

How do I upload a gif as my profile picture? Gravatar doesn't seem to allow gifs and I don't have any other options other than the uploading from my computer which I know doesn't work.

My gravatar photo appears in my profile, but not anywhere else. Is there an approval time on this? Sorry, didn't have time to look through post, though I did do a search.

Well I don't know why, but I also have the same problem and my current photo isn't exactly an appropriate avatar for this forum. :laugh:

So if I'm reading correctly, it's better to post a couple of comments/replies before trying to put an avatar in place.

Will try that.

Actually, changing avatars may be turned off right now if the board is running in performance mode. This will be happening on and off while season three is airing. Viewing profiles and view new content are some of the first to go too.

Can't seem to get avatars working. Bugged out.

When trying to upload one it just says "failed to set photo" or something.

Gravatar option is now set w/ the correct email address, still shows blank/default avatar :/

Oh well. I'll be a Faceless Man!

Can't seem to get avatars working. Bugged out.

When trying to upload one it just says "failed to set photo" or something.

Gravatar option is now set w/ the correct email address, still shows blank/default avatar :/

Oh well. I'll be a Faceless Man!

I'm having the same problem with the "failed to set photo"

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Cannot get an avatar to upload to Gravatar and the images I have on Image Shack will not load to this site. Any idea what I may be doing wrong? Seem's like it should not be this hard.