Kat

Want to have an avatar/user pic? Read this thread.

Cannot get an avatar to upload to Gravatar and the images I have on Image Shack will not load to this site. Any idea what I may be doing wrong? Seem's like it should not be this hard.

Got one to work! Yeah! :cheers:

I tried to use gravatar but when I click change photo, I select gravatar then hit done. When I then go back to my user name at the top right corner of the forum page the image shows up. I click on save changes, then check my user name again and it is back to blank?!

That's what is happening to me also, can anyone help? I'm having a hard time hehe

Edited by Bastard In Dorne

use image from url it would be good but there is only upload and gravatar sections...

I've seen a few posters around here with .gif avatars, but I've been trying to upload one for ages. It's always saying that the file's too large. Do I have to do it via Gravatar, or what?

Hi, I'm new here. I uploaded an avatar (an original Bran Stark fanart I did) using Gravatar and it appeared to work when I clicked DONE. But then when I posted in the forums my icon didn't appear. It's the same problem a few users above me are reporting. Will it show up eventually?

EDIT: Never mind, it showed up after a few posts. *whew*

Edited by StewardSatin

Hrmmm... I've been trying to change my avatar for a while and it seems to be very finicky. Also, the original instructions in this message may need to be changed as the format of the website has obviously changed and there is no Direct URL option anymore.

So. I used Gravatar and I can see the image on my profile page, but when I post its still a blank picture. Any ideas?

Is it possible to upload an avatar from computer at all? Whatever size or type the image I am trying to upload is, it just says that it can't be done. :frown5:

Is it possible to upload an avatar from computer at all? Whatever size or type the image I am trying to upload is, it just says that it can't be done. :frown5:

Nevermind, I got it. Looks like I just had to post something :)

So now that the option to upload an image from URL has been removed, how does one do it? Do you have to use "Gravatar" (whatever that is)?

5. Important last step!! Pick an option that isn't #1. You cannot actually upload a photo onto the server, but there is no way to remove this option from the board software. Use one of the other options (linking to a picture with a URL hosted elsewhere, such as Photobucket, or logging into Gravatar).

I don't have the "image from URL option" at all. I just have options one and three, and I don't have Gravatar. How do I upload a photo?

Maybe you can help me: I've never had any problem with my user pic, but now it's gone / disappeared :-(

And when I want to use the same picture again (that picture I've alwyas had as my avatar), it doesn't work and there's every time:

"Incorrect image format".