Mafia 82: Halloween at Lany's Haunted House

House Targaryen

I didn't want to spam the thread this game, but since no one else is talking...

Questions for both Fairy and CB:

How often have you seen an FM say, "This player is suspicious for secret reasons that I can't tell you?" Do you really think doing this is a common tactic?

Why are you pushing for an explanation when he explicitly said it would hurt the innocents if he revealed it on Day One?

Where is Princess being a jerk?

Here:

Anyone with eyes and sense can see why Devil looks bad for his vote on wolffy. It isn't communication that only certain people will understand, unless by "certain people" you mean "skilled players with their eyes open and mafia brains engaged". I'm saying no more, for good reason.

I might explain on day 2. :)

She superciliously says that anyone with skill or that is paying attention would see this glaringly obvious scumtell. She won't tell us now, but maybe she'll condescend to let the unwashed masses in on what she is talking about tomorrow. So, like, don't vote her off before she can grace us with her revelation :rolleyes:

I didn't want to spam the thread this game, but since no one else is talking...

Questions for both Fairy and CB:

How often have you seen an FM say, "This player is suspicious for secret reasons that I can't tell you?" Do you really think doing this is a common tactic?

Why are you pushing for an explanation when he explicitly said it would hurt the innocents if he revealed it on Day One?

I don't think it is a common tactic, no.

I'm not pushing for an explanation. I'm saying she shouldn't have brought it up in the first place. She basically said she had something to contribute, but was going to keep it to herself. That begs the question: why not just keep that shit to yourself in the first place?

I get that she is the Princess and all, but why do you feel the need to go out of your way defending her?

Here:

She superciliously says that anyone with skill or that is paying attention would see this glaringly obvious scumtell. She won't tell us now, but maybe she'll condescend to let the unwashed masses in on what she is talking about tomorrow. So, like, don't vote her off before she can grace us with her revelation :rolleyes:

I don't think it is a common tactic, no.

I'm not pushing for an explanation. I'm saying she shouldn't have brought it up in the first place. She basically said she had something to contribute, but was going to keep it to herself. That begs the question: why not just keep that shit to yourself in the first place?

Okay, fair enough. I'll wait until Princess and Fairy answer my questions before I say anything more in-depth.

I get that she is the Princess and all, but why do you feel the need to go out of your way defending her?

Questioning someone on an attack of another player =/= defending a player (if anything, I poked at Princess for similar reasons). But I wanted to hear how you and Fairy would justify yourselves.

I will go on record as not liking the way Princess went about her vote, but whatev. She can be all special and whatever, but as it is, that leaves me nothing to judge her on. Wolfy points out that it's probably not typical FM behavior, but he's apparently in on the joke. Until I realize what the big deal is, I can't judge their actions. Which is a shame, because that is the bulk of Princess' contribution.

I am also not a fan of the pile up on Princess, however, and Frankie's latest vote makes me feel pretty comfortable with mine.

Witch, I'd still like an explanation of your first cryptic post.

Princess, please stop fishing for credibility.

Well.

As flattered as I should be that you decided to parrot my exact wording on Princess...

What does "fishing for credibility" mean?

I'm serious. Define "fishing for credibility". In your own words, please say why you think Princess's behaviour is more likely to come from an evil player than an innocent. Or is it just that he's the counterwagon to you and you're copying someone else's reasoning so as to jump on his mob?

Also, why do you want to lynch all of a sudden? I thought you said you were against lynching on D1.

Oh, and you never answered my last question. It was serious. How do people usually react when you suggest going to night on D1? Do you know the reasons for and against going to night? Do you know what the odd-even rule is?

Oh, another silly question. Do you prefer being innocent or being evil?

Witch, I'd still like an explanation of your first cryptic post.

Well.

As flattered as I should be that you decided to parrot my exact wording on Princess...

What does "fishing for credibility" mean?

I'm serious. Define "fishing for credibility". In your own words, please say why you think Princess's behaviour is more likely to come from an evil player than an innocent. Or is it just that he's the counterwagon to you and you're looking for an excuse to jump on his mob?

Also, why do you want to lynch all of a sudden? I thought you said you were against lynching on D1.

Oh, and you never answered my last question. It was serious. How do people usually react when you suggest going to night on D1? Do you know the reasons for and against going to night? Do you know what the odd-even rule is?

Oh, another silly question. Do you prefer being innocent or being evil?

I personally find Princess's behaviour suspicious because she purposefully revealed that she knew something suspicious that would count against another player, then refused to share it in favor of waiting until tomorrow in order to draw attention to herself and her bullshit, and then nominated him for lynching based on skills and experience so fabulously complicated that she didn't even need to explain herself because it was so glaringly obvious. I also have a rough guess as to why she considers Lil' Devil suspicious and it's not a good reason.

Good Meeeewooooooorning!

Not much time since I have to stroll around to catch mice. But I can say this, Wolffy, (w/o quote because I'm lazy): I joke-voted Frankie because the count gave me the set up. Of course I could've taken the "night - bait" but not all kittens are like that you know. Seriously, I thought it was a joke so I didn't bother.

As to my vote on Frankie: When I read up to date just now I really stopped when he voted Princess for the same reason you did. Up to then I was going to change my vote, now I think I'll leave there till I come back.

Since I am ironically doing so for the same reasons you pressured Frankie on, I will explain in my own words right away so you don't have to ask. It feels like he's looking for a reason to put his vote without needing to come up with stuff himself. It's also a second vote on something that could become a bandwaggon. And it's a small unobtrusive post to do so.

ok gotta run, catch up later again.

ETA: typo, and now I'll be late for work :(

Wolfy, (I still can't quote - none of the solutions are working for me) I didn't like when you defended yourself. Someone accused you of protecting the pretty, pretty princess and you're all 'I wasn't, see - I poked her too.' It's mostly a gut reaction, but it sits wrong with me.

So if people have guesses as to why Princess has voted the way she has, is there a reason you're not bringing it forward? Respecting her request or genuinely seeing the point and agreeing that it would be more harmful to reveal? Cause honsetly, the fact that she made a big deal out of it guaran-damn-tees it that it won't be dropped or forgotten. If it's just out of respect for her request, then she should have been more respectful first, just sayin. I'm also gonna be a bit sceptical of people later saying 'yeah, I saw that too but didn't say anything til she explained.' That won't win you any inno cred either.

I changed my mind. Princess' vote and her manner bothers me more than I thought. A lot more, actually. I can only conclude that she saw a sooper seekrit code in Lil Devil's post that he was the finder/healer/soldier and wanted to bring that the her FM's attention, so made a big deal of the post so people would comb through it and find it.

In this extremely likely scenario, I have no choice but to vote Princess. It's obvious if you have your eyes open and mafia brain engaged. Duh.

I changed my mind. Princess' vote and her manner bothers me more than I thought. A lot more, actually. I can only conclude that she saw a sooper seekrit code in Lil Devil's post that he was the finder/healer/soldier and wanted to bring that the her FM's attention, so made a big deal of the post so people would comb through it and find it.

In this extremely likely scenario, I have no choice but to vote Princess. It's obvious if you have your eyes open and mafia brain engaged. Duh.

The Irony is that devil is almost certainly a symp rather than a FM.

Oh, and I know this is going to make each of you either laugh or bang your head against the keyboard in frustration, but to answer Wolffy: I'll explain why I'd mention it in good time. Right now that'd be harmful to the cause too though! :-p

Oh, and outside Devil, who would I vote off today? Well, of the votes on me, the one that makes me the most uncomfortable is our very own member of the self preservation society, Frankie. He ignored what I'd said, roleplaying along, right up until I had enough votes to be semi-realistic as a lynch. Then possibly fearing that he was another viable option, he jumped on. That does not sit right. :) Especially when he votes with the sort of thought process ("stop fishing for credibility") that someone may have had when they first saw my post, not just later when I started to take serious heat.

Archived