Mafia 82: Halloween at Lany's Haunted House

House Targaryen

Princess, Do you believe there is one FM and a symp or two FM and a symp ?

Honestly, at this point I haven't even considered the question. Devil could equally be a FM. It's just slightly less likely.

Until we're looking for likely teams, why would we even worry about team composition? At this early point it's just about voting off someone who looks vaguely scum-like.

I have to admit the lack of CF worries me though.

How often have you seen an FM say, "This player is suspicious for secret reasons that I can't tell you?" Do you really think doing this is a common tactic?

Why are you pushing for an explanation when he explicitly said it would hurt the innocents if he revealed it on Day One?

I wouldn't say I pushed for an explanation, but your interpretation may be different. I wanted to know a reason because I couldn't see one, yet offered everyone else the option to vote Lil' Devil so Princess could keep her secret and I could accept there was something I couldn't see.

Nobody has voted Lil' Devil and you're the only one who has said they might know what she's on about, but you're the most informed person in this situation so that was to be expected.

CB summed up exactly how I felt in its "unwashed masses". You might feel that holding information back from everyone is smart play; I not only disagree, but I think insinuating you have information you won't share goes towards being dangerous (as it's proving with all the votes on Princess (if she's innocent)).

Is it common FM play though? Can't say I recall seeing it, often if at all, but to bring it up as a point in Princess's favour would be a null tell - it's just WIFOM.

The Irony is that devil is almost certainly a symp rather than a FM.

Princess, Do you believe there is one FM and a symp or two FM and a symp ?

Honestly, at this point I haven't even considered the question. Devil could equally be a FM. It's just slightly less likely.

Until we're looking for likely teams, why would we even worry about team composition? At this early point it's just about voting off someone who looks vaguely scum-like.

Why would you worry about team composition? You're the one who raised the symp possibility first, and said that this is what Lil' Devil is most likely to be. These two posts of yours seem contradictory.

Why would you worry about team composition? You're the one who raised the symp possibility first, and said that this is what Lil' Devil is most likely to be. These two posts of yours seem contradictory.

Based on behavior. You really don't have to consider "How is this game set up and balanced?" in order to think "That's scummy. Makes sense for either symp or master, but it's certainly scummy. And hmm, makes even more sense for symp than master!"

So Princess, when asked for who you'd vote for other than Lil Devil, you automatically looked at the people voting for you and chose the most suspicious one on that train. Because you're so obviously innocent (you have a PLAN!) then the evils must be trying to get you killed. That's ... very diva of you.

I didn't want to spam the thread this game, but since no one else is talking...

Questions for both Fairy and CB:

How often have you seen an FM say, "This player is suspicious for secret reasons that I can't tell you?" Do you really think doing this is a common tactic?

Why are you pushing for an explanation when he explicitly said it would hurt the innocents if he revealed it on Day One?

I basically agree with Wolffy here. I never saw an FM doing this, especially in a game with finders. You know, those guys who take a look at you if you get to their attention. That's why I'm not a huge fan of The Princess's course of action. The only way that I can see her being evil is that she could be a symp, trying to draw an investigation.

That said, I hope we won't lynch The Princess and that the finders won't waste an investigation there.

Princess, I checked and no, you weren't asked. The way you worded it made me think someone had. Yes, the discussion has been around you, but suspicious behavior doesn't necessarily have to be focused on your train. I don't like the way you narrowed your focus.

Count - you're not a huge fan of Princess's actions because why? I'm not sure if you think she is more likely inno or suspicious.

Count - you're not a huge fan of Princess's actions because why? I'm not sure if you think she is more likely inno or suspicious.

Because the finders might investigate her based on her behaviour so far - instead of the real FM. I can see a symp trying to do that deliberately, but then I think this game likely has no symp.

13 players remain in the game: Blacky, Bunny, CB Ghost, Fairy, Frankie, Genie, Lil’ Devil, Soldier Boy, The Count, The Cowboy, The Princess, The Witch, Wolffy.

7 votes are needed to lynch or go to night.

4 vote(s) Princess (Fairy, CB Ghost, Frankie, Cowboy)

2 vote(s) Frankie (Blacky, Witch)

1 vote(s) Bunny; (Wolffy)

1 vote(s) Wolffy (Lil’Devil)

1 vote(s) Lil’ Devil (Princess)

4 players have not voted: Bunny, Genie, Soldier Boy, The Count,

I'd really like to drop a serious voet, but so far nothing pinged my FM radar. Furthermore some players haven't even posted yet.

3 of them, in fact. However, you are the only active player without a vote. If you don't feel like you have a strong enough conviction to vote, and you think that Princess's actions add up to her being unlikely to be FM (since this is a Finders game), can you tell me what you do think apart from that?

What do you think of the 4 votes she has?

What do you think of Lil' Devils vote and place holding post?

Wolfy, (I still can't quote - none of the solutions are working for me) I didn't like when you defended yourself. Someone accused you of protecting the pretty, pretty princess and you're all 'I wasn't, see - I poked her too.' It's mostly a gut reaction, but it sits wrong with me.

So if people have guesses as to why Princess has voted the way she has, is there a reason you're not bringing it forward? Respecting her request or genuinely seeing the point and agreeing that it would be more harmful to reveal? Cause honsetly, the fact that she made a big deal out of it guaran-damn-tees it that it won't be dropped or forgotten. If it's just out of respect for her request, then she should have been more respectful first, just sayin. I'm also gonna be a bit sceptical of people later saying 'yeah, I saw that too but didn't say anything til she explained.' That won't win you any inno cred either.

...I almost revealed it here, but decided not to.

Oh, I'll say this. I'm pretty sure Princess is saying he's voting Lil Devil for being a symp signalling to his masters. If he genuinely believes this, then from his POV, it makes perfect sense not to explain what he means. Thing is, you have to really stretch to see that in Lil Devil's first post, so Princess's vote hurts more than it helps.

So right now, I'm fence-sitting so hard on Princess right now it's not even funny. Aside from him possibly being a symp, I could see him as bold enough to pull the stunt just to look innocent even though it'd be suboptimal for an FM. My gut is mixed on him, too. I think I'll just give him breathing space for another day and take his word on this:

Oh, and I know this is going to make each of you either laugh or bang your head against the keyboard in frustration, but to answer Wolffy: I'll explain why I'd mention it in good time. Right now that'd be harmful to the cause too though! :-p

Hang on. Right now, I'm leaning toward a Frankie vote--almost had his name bolded last night, but didn't want to make the lynch an inevitability with so many lurkers, and kind of waffled after seeing his most recent post.

To be honest, there's way more pressure with no CF. If Princess is evil and Frankie innocent, the consequences are far more disastrous if I get it wrong.

I don't like Count or Blacky much, either; I also felt somewhat better about Witch after he explained his first post, but still suspect him. I can buy Fairy and CB's explanations for their votes on Princess, I guess, although I need more data. I suspect that 1-2 of the scum are among the lurkers.

13 players remain in the game: Blacky, Bunny, CB Ghost, Fairy, Frankie, Genie, Lil’ Devil, Soldier Boy, The Count, The Cowboy, The Princess, The Witch, Wolffy.

7 votes are needed to lynch or go to night.

4 vote(s) Princess (Fairy, CB Ghost, Frankie, Cowboy)

2 vote(s) Frankie (Blacky, Witch)

1 vote(s) Bunny; (Wolffy)

1 vote(s) Wolffy (Lil’Devil)

1 vote(s) Lil’ Devil (Princess)

1 vote(s) Blacky (Genie)

3 players have not voted: Bunny, Soldier Boy, The Count,

Archived