BwB T-Shirts / LACon Shirts

Hey folks - awesome seeing how fired up everyone is on t-shirt designs and different ideas for both the BwB and LACon. Great to see people so excited. Filippa started a great discussion thread, and Parris, as always, has offered up strong advice and guidance on this. It is important to remember that we don't have rights to produce whatever we want as an official GRRM fan club. Parris has her own apparel at MST, and George and Parris both give us great support to help raise money to pay for these amazing Gatherings.

I spoke to GoN and daj on taking over command of the t-shirts for LACon - they are 2 of the hardest working and dedicated BwBers around, are willing, and from the amazing success they achieved in Glasgow with the Night's Watch shirts, are more than capable. We might be getting into a "too many cooks" situation, with tons of ideas, suggestions, and ways to execute.

Daj and GoN will do a great job managing this.

They are in the process of contacting ASOIAF artists, getting quotes for production - getting three designs put together, that will be put to a vote. Thank you both - this is both a lot of work, and tough work!

We will have three areas to address: LACon-specific "Bounty of Highgarden" shirts, BwB t-shirts in general, and possible BwB fundraising apparel. Lany Cass has been volunteering to produce some BwB-specific clothing items to help make money, which is extremely generous, given the time it takes to produce, sell, and ship. I am working with her and Parris on what we can do, and make sure we have approval to do so.

Let's start there - GoN and daj managing LACon and BwB t-shirts (I hope we do have women's t-shirts :) and I will work with Lany Cass to manage the other possible BwB-fundraising items, all with the guidance and sign-off from Parris.

In the coming weeks/months they can update folks on progress and ideas in this thread - can't wait to see the new designs!

Thanks!

Thanks Lodey, Daj and GoN. :) I'm willing to help out again if you'd like, or maybe it's better to have someone new. I'm sure that whatever you decide the shirts will look great this year! :D

And don't forget that many of us who can't make the Con this year can help with all the messy logistics of paperwork and whatever from the home office(s) or whatever...

Even if we haven't made one yet... :P

Not consulting anyone at the moment - I want to check a couple of things with Parris first, and I've been busy at a conference for the past couple of days.

Once we hear back from her I'll start a new thread with some details of how we're going to go about this.

Erik - thanks for the offer. Think I've got contact details for the main ones though. Hm...wonder if Charles Vess is busy:p

Erik - thanks for the offer. Think I've got contact details for the main ones though. Hm...wonder if Charles Vess is busy:p

No problem my friend.

Last email I received from him he was getting ready to do a few different projects. :cool:

BH

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay then, I worked this rough draft/sketch out last night.

LACon Tyrell themed Tshirt Design

It will probably need to get cleaned up (the lines are fuzzy because of the quick job I did off of photos, but I can make them smoother if need be.) And you guys would want text for this, right?

I was going for a Garth Greenhand meets Tyrell look. The hands are supposed to be flower leaves/claws. I wanted it to be both pretty and harsh, just like the Tyrells. I think I might have been influenced a little by film noir.

If people like it I will edit it further and add text (what kind of text would you like to see?) Is the design okay or is it too girly?

If three colors isn't cost-effective, let me know and I can modify the design to accomodate for less colors.

Let me know what you guys think!

Been tweaking the design a bit more..

Design with just a Yellow Rose

What it would look like on a T-shirt

and on a Baby Doll Shirt

a cute variation

Better? Worse? Too girlie? Stupidy Tyrells. Could have been a wolf or a rose and they choose flowers.

proposed back of the shirt?

Anyone have a better Highgarden quote? All I could get were QoT's Yes and when Tyrell's pass wind it smells just like a rose and men should put down their swords and listen to their mothers. Unless you want quotes about Loras....

FWIW, the three-color design is less "pretty"... which is a good thing.

Anyone have a better Highgarden quote?

Renly's line, "Never refuse to taste a peach", might work. ...definitely more cheerful than Catelyn's observation about the Knights of Summer.

Archived