BwB T-Shirts / LACon Shirts

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, dragging this thread back from the wristbands sidetrack (the 'New Topic' button's there for a reason guys :P )

Apologies for the lack of updates. I simply haven't had as much free time to devote to this as I thought I'd have when I initially agreed to get involved.

Anyway....here's the deal folks - we're looking at doing two shirts his year. Tying in with the Highgarden vs Dorne theme for the party & chess match, we'll (hopefully) be doing Dornish and Highgarden shirts. The Highgarden design's finished apart from a few tweaks, the Dornish design is still in the rough stages.

Highgarden: Dark green shirt with a crown of thorns design - a silver thorny crown with gold roses.

Dorne: A red viper/sandsnake design - 8 snakes in a spiral with spearheads radiating out, designed to be reminiscent of the Martell sun.

Not posting pics until the designs are more finalised. What we've tried to get is a smiliar feel to the designs - circular....spikey... As with with the Night's Watch shirt we've gone for simple but striking.

Anyway, I think they look pretty awesome - and the feedback I've had from people (including many who haven't read the books) has been very positive.

We're also looking at doing women's cuts and left breast as well as full size prints, as last year.

There will be text on the back - not quotes, but BwB/Worldcon/ASoIaF type stuff as with previous shirts. There may or may not be an option for non-text shirts, need to check with Parris on that.

Now.....we like the idea of the funny line, and it's likely we'll put in the 'fat, drunk & rich' tag on the back of the Highgarden one. But.....we're kinda stuck for one to put on the Dorne shirt. So, anyone got any ideas? Fire away.

I love it when you say the word 'breast' Daj.

I'm not 100% with the 'Fat, drunk and rich' but that could be my paranoia. Also i'd be worried that if i went to glasgow and wore it, the weegies might try to rob me.

How about 'Drunk and happy' for Highgarden and 'Hot-blooded and ready' for Dorne? :P

Well...here's our current version of the Highgarden design (ninjaed Jedi's tshirt pic, sorry)

Highgarden

The shirt will hopefully be a darker green though. And we're still checking on whether the image needs to be sharper and the roses a bit more stylized, i.e. flatter colours)

Archived