More exercise and fitness.

a wooden chair

23 miles today, 3 hours, 27 minutes!!! Feeling great!

Feeling ready for the marathon? Noooooo. I am quaking in my cute little pink running shoes.

that should be under 4 hours for the whole marathon, right?

a great result (at least it would be for me ;) )

lol that's close to me, too~I was surprised that it was such an issue! but it sure is. I'm sure the guys are trying hard to ignore this conversation, but I'll let ya know what I find.

I've heard before that it's something to do with the tendons in your chest and not actual size and is basically something you're born with. Dunno if there's any truth to that, though.

I don't know shit about boob support, but the wife seems to like the lulu lemon when running/crossfiting. She's only a C cup (and hot fuck, you chicks have some big boobs.. and Chats did it to herself voluntarily)

Only?! That's above average, dear, and I would kill to have it.

I've lost some weight recently and, sad to say, I think it's time to accept I really am down to an A-cup now, which is insanely depressing.

eh, we are what we are-there are days I would trade with you in a heartbeat-especially when I'm working out. I find it very hard to buy clothes too. I spend most of my shopping trips looking for stretchy t-shirts I can dress up enough to wear to work.

as far as heredity, I can say there is some truth to that. I'm 48 with two kids and still quite perky-but it's silly to tempt fate. The little ones can sag too.

And-to change the subject a bit: There's probably an old thread where this is addressed, but has anyone fiddled with the barefoot running trend? I don't put in a lot of miles, but I have been slowly integrating the merrell glove shoes into my workouts. I find that the muscles in my feet get sore, but the rest of my body feels better.

eh, we are what we are-there are days I would trade with you in a heartbeat-especially when I'm working out. I find it very hard to buy clothes too. I spend most of my shopping trips looking for stretchy t-shirts I can dress up enough to wear to work.

That is true. The sword cuts both ways! I have to pretty much wear a padded bra every day to make any of my shirts fit okay. :)

Dear god, that woman is RUINING her breast tissue.

Bounce is anathema to all who would keep "perky" in their future.

Not only that; it has to be killing her. I was in pain just watching that.

Today I was able to bring down my run time on my first mile to 10 minutes flat - getting closer! I pulled my second mile back to 10.5 though because I just didn't want to push it. My calf didn't tighten up this time, but I can feel a little knot. It's not painful or even uncomfortable really; it almost just feels like a reminder that I have to be careful.

Biking and swimming after that, and now I wish my dinner would just cook faster!

eh, we are what we are-there are days I would trade with you in a heartbeat-especially when I'm working out.  I find it very hard to buy clothes too.  I spend most of my shopping trips looking for stretchy t-shirts I can dress up enough to wear to work.  

as far as heredity, I can say there is some truth to that.  I'm 48 with two kids and still quite perky-but it's silly to tempt fate. The little ones can sag too.

And-to change the subject a bit: There's probably an old thread where this is addressed, but has anyone fiddled with the barefoot running trend?  I don't put in a lot of miles, but I have been slowly integrating the merrell glove shoes into my workouts.  I find that the muscles in my feet get sore, but the rest of my body feels better.

I am not properly barefoot, but I use VivoBarefoot's Evo shoes. I had always used New Balance before, or Asics, and was okay but always ended up with blisters or sore feet even on short runs. I moved to the New Balance Minimus when they were available, and found them amazing for Crossfit / lifting, but was wary about using them for running. I decided to get a dedicated pair of running shoes, and went for the Evos on the recommendation of a local running coach. Turns out, they're fantastic. They definitely took some getting used to, but my feet almost never hurt anymore, my form is better, and when I'm more comfortable, I actually run more, which is good for practice. ;)

Stops staring at the boobs... :drunk:

I have been back in a gym for almost 3 weeks. :cheers: I have not worked out seriously for almost 8 years. :shocked: I am no longer interested in powerlifting, Instead I have been trying to do exercises that work with my karate (stomach, hips, legs, triceps, back) as well as simply get me back into lifting shape. I have been doing Circuit Training, not allowing myself any rest beyond a quick drink. My biggest problem is reminding myself to use lower weights/higher reps. My goal is not to get bigger. I am done with that and it is not what I need anymore.

As my body is finally used to lifting again I think I might try to expand. It does feel good to be back.

I need to start exercising again, lately I had no time to for runs or hiking, well at least I am mostly on "confine diet" so am not getting fat from being parked at my chair all the time :laugh:

the sad thing the we actually have a gym bellow but I guess I am getting lazy or old , as I cant seem to bring myself to go there during launch time and take my beauty naps :dunno:

And-to change the subject a bit: There's probably an old thread where this is addressed, but has anyone fiddled with the barefoot running trend? I don't put in a lot of miles, but I have been slowly integrating the merrell glove shoes into my workouts. I find that the muscles in my feet get sore, but the rest of my body feels better.

It has come up before and it's a bit of a controversial topic. I wear the Merrell Trail Gloves as well and I think they're a fantastically comfortable shoe. I like the Terra Planas but I find the Merrells have much more grip on the soles and a better fit. That said, Terra Plana still make the best casual minimalist shoes.

Forefoot running works best for me, no question. I have a pretty messed up meniscus in my right knee, and before I started forefoot running it always hurt for a day or two after jogging, often with swelling (10 k once/twice a week). Now it never hurts, unless I do something stupid like twist it. It totally killed my calf muscles the first month or two, but since then it's been smooth sailing.

For terrain running I use these, which are good, but I'll be replacing them with something with a thicker midsole. They probably work better for more lightweight runners (I'm 188 cm/6'2", 85 kg/187 lbs.) For gravel trails I'm temporarily using some dirt cheap Feiyue martial art shoes, which I got on Amazon for £13.

I've lost some weight recently and, sad to say, I think it's time to accept I really am down to an A-cup now, which is insanely depressing.

Same thing has happened to me. But, I don't really mind since I think I overall look better with out the extra fat. I've accepted my small boobs, the rest of the world can just deal with them.

Ever have one of those days where you wake up cranky and the last thing you want to do is go to the gym? That was me this morning.

It was a struggle to get to the gym, and every single one of the 3600 yards I swam was a struggle. It seems to have relieved the headache I woke up with, so that's a plus.

Thanks for all the kind wishes, folks!

Marathon went decent. Weather was a bit warm. Was going for about 4:45. Halfway through I was on track for a 4:30 finish time (2:16 at 13.1 miles)! Probably started out a bit fast but I felt pretty good.

Then around mile 16 mile both legs started cramping. Only a little at first, but it grew worse and worse until by 18 it felt like machines guns twitching all over both my legs. Finally, in mile 23, my left leg completely froze up in a charley-horse, and I actually fell over. I had to walk/jog my last few miles in. I literally couldn't run for more than 100 feet without my legs cramping up. Sucked. Stopped and stretched a few times but nothing helped. Never had anything like that happen before. Felt like someone was stabbing daggers into my calves.

Finished in 5:21, which is 35 minutes faster than last year's marathon, so overall I'm happy with the result. Still, I think with a little better weather, better pacing, and no goddam cramping, I could have hit 4:45 easily. Just two weeks earlier I had no problem putting up a 3:37 for 20 miles.

Ah well, perhaps next time! In any event, it was a fun race overall. Met a lot of nice people, had a great time with my parents and friends afterward. Now thinking about what I'm going to do next...

Harlot and Chats! Good luck to both you guys! Sounds like you've been clocking up some killer times.

Archived