Balefont

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I've managed to increase it from 5 to 30 (random number I pulled out of a hat). Let me know if it works.

So far it seems like, the most im being allowed is 5 likes, before im told ive reached my limit.

• 8 months later...

I think I've managed to increase it from 5 to 30 (random number I pulled out of a hat). Let me know if it works.

anyway that we can increase this? I seem to have used them all up on the awesomeness that is this Topic. Is it my fault if the entire board is witty, observant, irreverent, outrageous, scary smart, adorably cute and / or massively CORRECT all on the same day?

I am positive that I haven't "liked" 30 posts. I think it was five, maybe 8...10....[edit] okay, I counted and it was....

19? I'm capped at 19? isn't that a bit weird random?

I am going to have to blame Eef for this. Or maybe Kalbear.

I am feeling slightly damaged. The board, one of the few enjoyments left to me in life, has decided to reject me. I've been rejected before, by animals, by companies, by women, but never here. Never.

What happened, Westeros? Things were going so well as friends, but the moment I said I like you supposedly 30 times in a day (But hey, who's counting right? I'm not crazy! I'M NOT) I get bitter rejection about how I've overdone it.

I have so much love to give.. sigh.

I am feeling slightly damaged. The board, one of the few enjoyments left to me in life, has decided to reject me. I've been rejected before, by animals, by companies, by women, but never here. Never.

What happened, Westeros? Things were going so well as friends, but the moment I said I like you supposedly 30 times in a day (But hey, who's counting right? I'm not crazy! I'M NOT) I get bitter rejection about how I've overdone it.

I have so much love to give.. sigh.

I would have "Liked" your post, but alas, I'm done for the day.

posting to bump this to the top.

Since the trauma I experienced the other night when I was suddenly (and harshly) cut off from adding my "Like" to any posts after the 19th kudo

<pauses to wipe a small tear from her cheek>

I have found myself not only doling out the Likes as if they were Valyrian steel swords, but catching myself actually "Unliking" a post, for fear I may have wasted it and may wish for it back before the 24 hour cycle is completed. Alas! The stress I have felt in these last 48 hours!

And furthermore, King Ran, this cruel, perhaps arbitrary limit has caused me do alot of single issue posting, just so I can type things along the lines of:

haha, good one

or

yeah, I thought that too!

And we aren't really supposed to post like that. This limit is causing me to become careless in following the rules of the Board, and I'm nothing if not scrupulous in following the rules of the Board!

"Likes" have become the new Today Sponge. Yeah, you know what I'm talking about. Reading every post, wondering if THIS one is Sponge worthy.

<shakes head in disbelief>

Sad, just sad.

Spongeworthy? Now I feel like I['m] some kind of like-slut.

but I find you Sponge Worthy. Doesn't that make you feel better?

<uses Likes indiscriminately as if they were so many worthless coins tossed into the air>

"Oh, my sweet forum child, what do you know of Likes? Likes are for the winter, my little ToL, when the comments fall a hundred feet deep and the repartee comes howling out of the console. Likes are for the long night, when the OP hides his face for the next 24-hour reset, and little humorous antedotes are born and Liked and die all in darkness while the Boarders grow gaunt and angry, and the Mods move through the boards.”

You'll be sorry if the Honesty thread continues to be funny through the evening. Mark my words.

Archived