Areo Hotah

7V3N

Okay this guy is big and badass. I've been thinking about who should play him. It's tough to capture his power and badassness.

I think Christopher Lee if they can make him look thick enough. He's 6'5" so he certainly has a large presence. I'm not sure what sort of price he'd demand, nor what race the show will choose to play him.

Okay this guy is big and badass. I've been thinking about who should play him. It's tough to capture his power and badassness.

I think Christopher Lee if they can make him look thick enough. He's 6'5" so he certainly has a large presence. I'm not sure what sort of price he'd demand, nor what race the show will choose to play him.

Christopher Lee is 90 years old, are you kidding me? also, he's white, people from Norvos aren't white.

if you want Areo, the best person to play him would obviously be Peter Mensah.

or maybe idris elba. actually, elba would be better because i've seen him with a beard and it looks ok.

I think it'd be too small a role for Idris Elba.

But keeping on the Wire theme, how about the dude who plays Chris Partlow?

also, he's white, people from Norvos aren't white.

if you want Areo, the best person to play him would obviously be Peter Mensah.

Hotah is definitely not black. Norvos is right next to Pentos, and the Pentoshi are white (think Ilyrio Mopatis). Most all of the official depictions of Hotah (i.e. ASOIAF card games) portray him to either be Arabic in appearance, or white.

Example: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Areo_Hotah

Hotah is definitely not black. Norvos is right next to Pentos, and the Pentoshi are white (think Ilyrio Mopatis). Most all of the official depictions of Hotah (i.e. ASOIAF card games) portray him to either be Arabic in appearance, or white.

Example: http://awoiaf.wester....php/Areo_Hotah

there's some ethnic look in there, most definitely. he does not look westerosi, although he may fit in well in dorne.

i'd rather imagine him black than arabic, but if he can't be black, then Danny Trejo.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Christopher Lee is also imposing in ways that are not natural. When he has the chance to strike a pose in his movies, you can feel the utter fear about him. He's never been actually physically imposing though, just having a great air about him that draws the audience to him. The dude was the absolute perfect Saruman with no one who ever existed even coming close, but the audience doesn't sympathize with him in his imposium because he just looks so cruel in every feature of himself.

Areo is a boring character anyways. It wouldn't mean much to me if they cut him all together or revamped him to be totally different.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived