Does Tyrion ever find out about Cersei's kids?

sobermuse

I think you can catch that even in the HBO series.

Remember after the day Bran falls, when Tyrion "breaks his fast" with Cersei, Jamie and the kids, and Tyrion says something like "i hope the boy wakes, i am very interested in what he´s got to say" hinting that there was some funny bussiness, and then Jamie replies "I swear Tyrion, sometimes i dont know in which side you are" also hinting that he knows that Tyrion knows what they were doing up there and who´s responsible for his fall. Although that doesnt necessarily means that he know those children arent Robert´s, it would only hint that they are just having sex.

But yeah, when you read Clash you´ll know for sure how he knows and what else he knows about that.

• 2 weeks later...

I never got any indication that Tywin knew (and I've read all the books). Got any evidence to back this up?

Indeed. I've read everything up Daenyres II in A Dance With Dragons, so if Tywin knew, I should've known by now.

• 2 weeks later...

Even in GoT, Tyrion makes several snarky remarks about his siblings' relationship and he seems to know what's going on between Cersei and Jaime. So if he knows about the incest, he will probably also be able to do the math and at least suspect that the kids may not be Robert's, especially since they really don't look Baratheon at all. It is known.

(ACoK spoiler)

Later Tyrion tells Cersei he had always known and teases her how unfair it is that she opened her legs for one brother, but not for the other. To me, it is pretty clear that he has known all along, just shut his mouth because he knew the consequences would have been Cersei's head on a pike. And maybe his own. I think Tyrion knows many things. I wonder how they can all afford to let him live.

Greetings,

Steph

Archived