Who Should Play Wyman Manderly?

BrosBeforeSnows

I'm surprised by the lack of support for Simon Fisher-Becker. Face it, people, they're not going to go for a big name like Brian Blessed. Becker is a talented character actor who has already been on the show (as The High Septon, someone no one will remember), and he looks perfect for the role. And we know from Doctor Who that he can deliver a great monologue.

I entirely support the idea ! Dorium Maldovar was a great character in DW and I can totally see the actor being an amazing Wyman Manderly !

the thing about wyman (if he is included) is how theyre gonna do the davos plotline and the winterfell plotline. wyman cant be in white harbor and winterfell at the same time and it seems unlikely theyd do what they did in the books and have davos's storyline end halfway through the season, and the winterfell scenes to start right after that. they could have davos meet with wyman's son or something like that i guess.

also i think brendan gleeson would be perfect for wyman, but ive never heard of a lot of these other actors like brian blessed.

Jim Carter would be the ideal choice. He's got the voice, presence acing chops and build. Not to mention, he'll definitely nail "The North Remembers" monologue. But I fear that that the Umbers will take his role(which I don't mind) since:

-Jaime in Dorne, and prolly his Riverlands campaign being cut.

-Freys on Riverrun, which means no indication with Blackfish holding the castle(I dunno what the showrunners will do on his role, maybe have him join BWB or the hooded man in Winterfell.)

-No Freys in the North, meaning it'll be just be Stannis vs. Boltons only = No Frey pies.

Jim Carter would be the ideal choice. He's got the voice, presence acing chops and build. Not to mention, he'll definitely nail "The North Remembers" monologue. But I fear that that the Umbers will take his role(which I don't mind) since:

-Freys on Riverrun, which means no indication with Blackfish holding the castle(I dunno what the showrunners will do on his role, maybe have him join BWB or the hooded man in Winterfell.)

-No Freys in the North, meaning it'll be just be Stannis vs. Boltons only = No Frey pies.

Why are we sure no Freys in the North? Just because there aren't any right now doesn't mean they won't show up for a Bolton/"Stark" wedding. There were no Dornish in King's Landing before the Purple Wedding, but we got Oberyn all the same...

My vote would definitely be for Brian Cox, IF THEY CAN GET HIM. He'd be great at convincing everyone that he's a despicable Frey sympathiser, before turing out to be a real badass.

Brian Cox has been forever typecast as Goerring for me. Shudder. Brilliant acting... He portrays a genial fat man... but the cracks of inner sociopath/unrepentent nazi come through. Really very repellent.

Jim's got a great voice but he's also very employed right now. He's great on Downton Abbey. Not sure how the shooting schedules run. It might be possible to do both. He's tall too, so if they give Wyman's stuff to an Umber (giant lore and all that) he still fits.

I just thought of another reason why they can't or probably won't cut Wyman. Why else would they specifically include Wendel Manderly in the Red Wedding scene if they didn't plan on having his father show up later? There weren't any other guys that were cast as specific characters only to get killed in the next scene without any lines or anything.

I just thought of another reason why they can't or probably won't cut Wyman. Why else would they specifically include Wendel Manderly in the Red Wedding scene if they didn't plan on having his father show up later? There weren't any other guys that were cast as specific characters only to get killed in the next scene without any lines or anything.

....Your reading too much into things. He's gonna get cut.

But it might work the other way too. They may have cast the guy and then decided not to use him because they decided to cut the storyline. Personally I don't think so because we got a white harbor mention. I suspect whenever that part of the story first shows up the shot of the manderley at robbs wedding will be used in the precap

Archived