Who Should Play Wyman Manderly?

BrosBeforeSnows

Actually, I think Steve Speirs would be a good candidate too! He's quite a big bloke, but he'd pull off the Manderly jollity aswell. He's probably around the right age too (47). Plus, he only ever gets small parts in things, it'd be nice for him to have a big part in a popular show. + He's british.

Actually I like the idea of Brian Blessed - he can have both fun and manacing vibe

Richard Griffiths is too soft and friendly, besides I can't erase a picture of Leslie Nielsen trying to erase a bithmark from his ass in Naked Gun 2 from my memory

• 1 month later...

Anyone got any ideas for Wyman Manderly? I can't think of anyone fat enough to play him. Gerard Depardieu is the only guy who comes to mind, and I doubt he could pull off a Geordie accent.

Why would he need a Geordie accent? No character so far has a North East accent... They have Yorkshire and Scottish, but not Geordie.

I think that it would be fun if George Martin was able to have a cameo as Wyman Manderlay. It seems like he wrote the character with himself in mind. :)

I agree. It seems he is playing a cameo in Season 3. Guess who?

A Maester trying desperately to finish his long awaited treaty of the modern history of Westeros (and Pentos) (and the Dothraki sea) (and Quarth) (and Astapor) (and Yunkai) (and Meereen) (and Volantis) (and Bravos) (and the Rhoyne) ?

Ian McNeice definitely, he needs to be Manderly. I forever will remember him as the Baron Harkonnen from the SciFy Dune movie and say what you might about the movie as a whole he was absolutely brilliant. I have no doubt he would be the absolute best Manderly possible.

here's a taste from Dune

Cameo will be in season 4.

my money is on Yezzan zo Qaggaz, hes literally the most minor of roles so we wouldn't have to worry about about the quality of Martin's acting considering the character kind of just loafs about, pisses himself constantly then dies.

Archived