Small Questions XII

Stubby

Just a question: in the POV chapter of Catelyn in GOT, just before she receives Lysa's letter, she mentions that each time she and Ned make love, he immediatly get up from the bed once he's done instead of staying with her. Could it mean that he feels inconfortable with being intimate with her beyond marital duty, that he still has some kind of feeling for an old flame ( Ashara Dayne?) and do it as kind of faithfulness toward her?

Just a question: in the POV chapter of Catelyn in GOT, just before she receives Lysa's letter, she mentions that each time she and Ned make love, he immediatly get up from the bed once he's done instead of staying with her. Could it mean that he feels inconfortable with being intimate with her beyond marital duty, that he still has some kind of feeling for an old flame ( Ashara Dayne?) and do it as kind of faithfulness toward her?

i thought that was a commentary on her warm room, and his northern liking for the cold.

So, are Euron and the Ironmen still raiding the Reach? I thought that they were going after Oldtown but I kind of got the impression from aDwD that they were sailing east. I probably just misread but still confused.

The vast majority of the Iron fleet is sailing to the East, but there is a possibility that a few ships stayed behind.

The people in KL (Cersei/Kevan) probably don't know that yet, since communication is very slow and all that Highgarden would know is that the Iron Fleet stopped raiding, not that they had sailed east.

Thanks Smallfolkperson

Are there any ASOIAF websites for dummies, I really have no idea what is going on.

I would recommend a wiki of ice and fire but it's a bit spoilery if you're still reading...try Tower of the Hand.

Last time I went on the wiki you could hide everything spoilerish and choose to read only what you wanted

Seriously? Cause that would have saved me a lot of spoiler grief...I must be dumb or something, cause i'm still not seeing it. would you mind telling me how?

The vast majority of the Iron fleet is sailing to the East, but there is a possibility that a few ships stayed behind.

The people in KL (Cersei/Kevan) probably don't know that yet, since communication is very slow and all that Highgarden would know is that the Iron Fleet stopped raiding, not that they had sailed east.

The Iron Fleets gone, yes. But the Iron Fleet only includes the Ships under Victarion's command. There's still all the other Lords' fleets there and Eurons fleet. So while the Iron Fleet makes up a large part of the Ironborn navy there are still quite a few ships still at the Shield Isles

Archived