Small Questions XII

Stubby

How did Patrek Mallister survive the Red Wedding when he was meant to be protecting Robb?

I believe that it being a wedding, Robb's guards were not seated in positions optimal to fighting, but rather feasting. Ser Patrek likely was wounded and taken out of action by a crossbow bolt early on, or subdued before realizing what had happened or perhaps was captured while trying to fight his way to Robb.

One more question, in AFFC, Cersei remembers that once Robert wanted to bring his teenage bastard girl in King's Landing, and he didn't because she threatened to kill the girl; could this girl have been Mya Stone (since she was his first baby and he cared for her, and since Jon Arryn maybe told him that she loved a lord and he wanted to acknowledge her to help her marrying her lover?

Depends of how the walls are made, I guess... If they are smooth, it's impossible even for him. If there are asperities so he has places to put his hands and feet ( and there are, surely, since no one expected a climber to climb out the cells)he could. But the major problem would be that it's a long way, and he may suffer from hunger or tiredness, have a dramp, be bothered by rapaces...

I keep reading things about stories of Dunk/Egg? Are these published books? How do they tie-in to the books? Can I buy these?

They are prequel novellas, set about eighty or ninety years before the beginning of AGoT. Right now you can only find them in anthologies. There's a pinned thread on this forum called "ASOIAF Bibliography: Where You Can Find All of Those Dunk & Egg Stories" that'll help you find them (obviously).

Hah can't believe I didn't see that. Thanks, guess I will wait for a collection of the stories then. Seems kind of a waste to buy a bunch of bundles just for that story :/

Do you know if there is some really crucial information shared in there relevant to the current books?

Hah can't believe I didn't see that. Thanks, guess I will wait for a collection of the stories then. Seems kind of a waste to buy a bunch of bundles just for that story :/

Do you know if there is some really crucial information shared in there relevant to the current books?

It depends on how you define "crucial." There is one character in the books whose backstory and history is shown in the prequel novellas (I could tell you who, if you don't mind what could be considered a minor spoiler). The novellas also explain the history of the Blackfyre Rebellion much more so than the main books.

Do we know for a fact, or at least have strong evidence towards, who sent to assassin to kill Bran? It's been a while since I read the books and I've forgotten.

Tyrion and Jaime independently come to the conclusion that Joffrey was the one who sent the assassin. George basically confirmed this when he said that the dagger question would be resolved in ASoS.

The moral of the story: it was Joffrey.

I'm not sure whether this is in another thread or not but I'm curious so here goes. I'm rereading ASOIAF and I'm trying to get an estimate of character ages. In Clash Dany says in one of her chapters she is 15. Sansa is confirmed to be 12, Arya 10. In SoS Sansa is 13.So basically I can assume Dany and Arya are 16 and 11 respectively? A year seems to go by during each novel, or am I wrong ? o.0

I'm not sure whether this is in another thread or not but I'm curious so here goes. I'm rereading ASOIAF and I'm trying to get an estimate of character ages. In Clash Dany says in one of her chapters she is 15. Sansa is confirmed to be 12, Arya 10. In SoS Sansa is 13.So basically I can assume Dany and Arya are 16 and 11 respectively? A year seems to go by during each novel, or am I wrong ? o.0

sounds about right

Archived