Small Questions XII

Stubby

On the flammability of Targaryens

Someone somewhere was debating the flammability of Targaryens. Now, Dany was not burned when the dragon eggs were hatched. She did burn her hands in the Pit. However afterward as she is mulling over events of the past days she notes that it happened just like at the pyre - her hair was burned off but she was otherwise untouched. I cant explain the burned hands. It seems to not belong. I presume she touched something hot besides the dragon, but IDK. We do know that some Targs are flammable - Viserys' death convinced Dany

With the AFFC/ADWD division, turned out that only a handful of characters appeared in all books. I think this is the list (ADWD spoilers, obviously):

Arya (only one with chapters in all books)

Jon (has one scene with Sam in AFFC)

Jamie

Cersei

Kevan

Tommen

Pycelle

Am I forgetting someone or that's it?

What about some of the other characters at the wall? I think Pyp and Grenn were in AFFC too.

Can somebody tell me in which book/chapter is the flashback (or vision) of Brandon, Ashara and Eddard, who was too shy to ask her for a dance? I just barely remember it and I want to re-read it..

It's in ASoS Bran 2.

Here's the summary and chapter notes from the Tower of the Hand: http://towerofthehand.com/books/103/025/index.html

Hello, everyone. Something that has always struck me as strange is the number of times the black tom with the scarred ear in King's Landing is referenced throughout the series. It may have already been answered here, but I can not find it. It seems to me that soon after the cat is referenced, Varys always seems to follow soon thereafter. Is it possible that Varys is a shifter and walks the halls of King's Landing as the black tom to gather his information? Thanks for any ideas.

Hello, everyone. Something that has always struck me as strange is the number of times the black tom with the scarred ear in King's Landing is referenced throughout the series. It may have already been answered here, but I can not find it. It seems to me that soon after the cat is referenced, Varys always seems to follow soon thereafter. Is it possible that Varys is a shifter and walks the halls of King's Landing as the black tom to gather his information? Thanks for any ideas.

I do not believe that Varys is a warg (nor a merling, for that matter), but the cat is as good as confirmed to be Balerion, a pet of Rhaenys. Without any supernatural abilities, he just turns up from time to time.

Not having riddled that out by myself, I learned it here :).

Welcome :)!

The popular theory is that this is Princess Rhaenys' (Rhaegar's daughter) black cat Balerion.

And because the cat always seem to be near important people, some theorize that someone is skinchanging into the cat in order to spy on the Red Keep. (A theory I don't subscribe to personally, but it is possible that the cat is being setup by the author for someone to use for such a purpose in the future)

http://asoiaf.wester...ccuring-feline/

In ASOS Tywin says Tyrion's awful marriage to Sansa can be put aside if it is unconsummated, by the High Septon or A Council of the Faith.

What is a Council of the Faith?

The Council of the Faith is seven holy septons who kinda act as a supreme court. Cersia's trail was to be held before them and there judgement is finale, why she went with a trail by combat.

Varys knows about all the hidden passages within the walls of the red keep. This is how he obtains some of his important info, ease dropping by listening in through the walls. Very sneaky sneaky

Archived