Small Questions XII

Stubby

One big thing people tend to overlook is the ages of the children.The actors who portray Arya, Sansa and Bran are going to change in appearance significantly as they stretch the seasons out. Years will go by in real time, but only months and so forth technically happen in the story.

How do you all think they will deal with this?

Actually, each book progresses the story by about a year.

Hey, here's a small question.

Would you (outside of Westeros, in reality), in the event that such circumstances arise, follow a King/Monarch considering they resemble one of the cool warrior-statesmen of Westeros, i.e. such as Robb Stark and so on?

Well, would you? You know abandon Democracy for a cool monarch, not these pompous gits we have running around nowadays?

Hey, here's a small question.

Would you (outside of Westeros, in reality), in the event that such circumstances arise, follow a King/Monarch considering they resemble one of the cool warrior-statesmen of Westeros, i.e. such as Robb Stark and so on?

Well, would you? You know abandon Democracy for a cool monarch, not these pompous gits we have running around nowadays?

Abso-fucking-lutely.

ETA: But what happens when said monarch dies and his son is an arse.

2. Page 716 Being said by Genna Lannister to Jaime," It was not a game for girls. I was my father's precious princess ...and Tywin's too, until I disappointed him. My brother never learned to like the taste of disappointment".

What is she referring to? I don't think it's her marriage to Frey because her father set it up and he's included in that line. Although, she does say "him" and not "them".

I think Genna refers to how she herself have dissapointed him by telling him the truth about who she thinks his true son is. And perhaps other choice truths. After Joanna died, Genna was probably the only one that dared to challenge Tywin (well apart from Tyrion in some regard).

Was there a position in the Crownlands like the Lord Paramount of other regions, or was this just a part of being the King, if the latter is true, does the king himself hold a title like "Lord Paramount of the Crownlands?

Any thoughts?

Another question:

Did the Kings in the North's heirs have a title like the Targaryen heir was the "Prince of Dragonstone"?

What was the full title of Joffrey before he became king?

i don't know about the kings in the north. About Joffrey, he was the crown prince, but he wasn't the "prince of dragonstone", since dragonstone was Stannis's seat

I wonder about Jaime's status between his escape to the Rock after that Ned Stark confrontation and Robert Baratheon's death. When Ned was still alive and prisoned, Varys pointed that Jaime was fighting in the riverlands and of course, he was marshaling an army when Robert was hunting in the Kingswood. He was a Kingsguard and he went to his father's castle and attacked Riverlords without king's permission. (Nothing to do with the books but in the TV series he was wearing a Lannister armor btw)

I mean, was he a traitor to crown while he was doing all those things? And what would have happened if Robert's hunting accident didn't happen in Kingswood? Maybe a war between Casterly Rock and crown? Or just Jaime getting fired from kingsguard?

When Sam was young, he wished to be a Maester, right?

He has a flashback in AFFC to his father saying," If it's chains you want, come with me" and then he was chained to a wall for 3 days with a tight chain around his neck.

Why did he have a panic attack when Jon told him his plans for him to become a Maester, when it was his fondest desire as a child? Because of the memory of that tight chain?

When Sam was young, he wished to be a Maester, right? He has a flashback in AFFC to his father saying," If it's chains you want, come with me" and then he was chained to a wall for 3 days with a tight chain around his neck. Why did he have a panic attack when Jon told him his plans for him to become a Maester, when it was his fondest desire as a child? Because of the memory of that tight chain?

Yep. It traumatized him that badly.

Why did he have a panic attack when Jon told him his plans for him to become a Maester, when it was his fondest desire as a child? Because of the memory of that tight chain?

Because his father forbade him to become a maester, and he's still intimidated by him to this day. A problem which is aggravated by the fact that Oldtown is not too far from Horn Hill.

I wonder about Jaime's status between his escape to the Rock after that Ned Stark confrontation and Robert Baratheon's death. When Ned was still alive and prisoned, Varys pointed that Jaime was fighting in the riverlands and of course, he was marshaling an army when Robert was hunting in the Kingswood. He was a Kingsguard and he went to his father's castle and attacked Riverlords without king's permission. (Nothing to do with the books but in the TV series he was wearing a Lannister armor btw)

I mean, was he a traitor to crown while he was doing all those things? And what would have happened if Robert's hunting accident didn't happen in Kingswood? Maybe a war between Casterly Rock and crown? Or just Jaime getting fired from kingsguard?

If Robert didn't die hunting, he would have died some other way before he heard about Jaime, because Cercei Couldn't let Ned talk to him. If he did manage to survive, I'm sure there would be a war.

Does the Throne of the Kings in the North have a name?, I may have read somewhere that it was the Throne of Winter, I may just be imagining this though...

You mean the seat that Bran and Robb sat in Winterfell? I don't think so.

Why di Varys' voice get deeper when he talked to Kevan Lannister. My hunch is that it means he was being honest with his emotions so he did actualy feel bad about shooting Kevan and he

does want "Aegon" to rule because he has been trained to rule.

Why di Varys' voice get deeper when he talked to Kevan Lannister. My hunch is that it means he was being honest with his emotions so he did actualy feel bad about shooting Kevan and he

does want "Aegon" to rule because he has been trained to rule.

I think he wants Aegon to rule because the Lannisters & Baratheons were fools. Varys supposedly serves for the greater good of Westeros. I'm not sure if that is bullshit, but I think Varys has acted in a way to twist events in King's Landing to drive the alliances being wrought between the Lannisters and other great houses further into turmoil. Varys has been acting in a way that would benefit Aegon when he would invade Westeros. But, alas, beware the mummer's dragon.

Archived