The Walking Dead - Season 2

Mattyp

Can someone explain to me why she felt it necessary to go out looking for Glenn and Rick just a few hours (if even that) after they went looking for Hershel? It makes zero sense. Not to mention that she manages to look at the map for a solid minute while driving at high speed, who does that? How hard is it to find the town from the farm, it isn't like there's hundreds of roads to take. Everything about that whole sequence seemed so forced and stupid.

I was wondering that too. It seemed like they had just left. It's like she was afraid they were taking a detour to a strip club or something. I'm interested to know what sort of trouble they could get into, that Lori, some how, could get them out of. If they were in bad trouble that Rick and Glenn can't handle, all she does by going there is leave her son an orphan.

I love this show! Last night's episode was pretty good, I did not expect Rick

to actually shoot the guys at the bar, though I was definitely hoping for it! The first guy he shot with the shark t-shirt is the actor from True Blood who played Rene. He was a despicable character in that show and I knew I couldnt trust his little devil face in Walking Dead

I have never read the graphic novels, wouldn't mind them being the first GN's Ive ever read.

Oops sorry for the double post there....

About Lori and her car ride....twas very strange that she decided to go looking for them: 1) alone, and 2) just leaving Carl on the farm without either of his parents. Yeah, he's safe but you think she would've taken him with perhaps. Earlier in that episode when Glenn and Rick were driving to the bar, Rick was talking to Glenn and looking away from the road. I had a thought: "what if a walker just shambled into the road....watch the road Rick!" Little did I know I was foreshadowing Lori's situation....

there goes the baby! I also hope the walker doesnt get up and begin eating her unconscious corpse.

I figure Tony and Dave's friends are going to have a little shootout with Rick, which will cause all the zombies in the area to converge. So not only will they have a shootout on their hands, but also a herd (small or large) of zombies to contend with.

This episode actually gave me the impression they won't be able to stay in the farm much longer. Too many shoots, zombies around (we just have to remember that suburb where they went to look for Sophia).

I think they'll manage to drag Hershell and his family along and find the prison with them, rather than return for them like in the comics

I thought it was a solid episode. They had to spend time on the fallout of the last episode and we got some good moments with a lot of the cast such as Shane and Daryl. The last 10 mins were great especially for Rick. I've said earlier how I feel the writers/producers have been placing the "dubious" actions on the head of Shane (whereas in the comics it's always Rick) and it looks like we are getting to see more of that now. The great thing about that scene is that Rick had those two guys pegged from the start and the way he executed them was pretty badass. I think Herschel will realise Rick was doing what needed to be done (although he was drunk so may misremember). I think it will be Rick who'll have most doubts - especially with regards to his own hyprocrisy. It wasn't that long since he was making the same argument as an outsider to Herschel.

I don't see it that way. I think Rick is the one doing what has to be done from the start, though only now he realizes the extent he'll have to go to protect his family, the group in general. Shane's behavior, on the other hand, is utterly dangerous, like Dale has noticed. He's not doing what must be done, he's on his way to implanting a dictatorship, making the rules and killing anyone who defies his sense of right and wrong.

Which makes me wonder what a meeting between him and the Governor would be like, hehehe

Maybe in the series it's going to be the girl in shock that first encounters it. She either dies of the trauma she's been through or summons up the last bit of fortitude needed to actually commit suicide. Then she gives everybody at the farm house a bit of a surprise.

It would make sense, since Tyreese won't appear in the show (Daryl was his substitute, right?), and they must learn the truth about how you don't need to be bitten to rise again. It could be a good solution, especially considering the chances of Hershell returning to the farm on time to prevent that from happening.

About Lori and her car ride....twas very strange that she decided to go looking for them: 1) alone, and 2) just leaving Carl on the farm without either of his parents. Yeah, he's safe but you think she would've taken him with perhaps. Earlier in that episode when Glenn and Rick were driving to the bar, Rick was talking to Glenn and looking away from the road. I had a thought: "what if a walker just shambled into the road....watch the road Rick!" Little did I know I was foreshadowing Lori's situation....

Funny, that whole sequence between Rick and Glenn I thought a walker would appear by their side to try and drag them out of the car or something. None of them were even paying attentio to such possibilities! I think you get used to it in zombie apocalypse... :dunno:

I really think there's a fine line between Shane and Rick. Shane was pretty solid for most of season one and only began to go nuts when he lost the girl (and the kid too). I think the show was wise to keep the two around as it makes for interesting comparisons. Shane meeting the comc villain you mentioned would be sweet. What I like about Shane is that if there's going to be a mini-war between survivors then he's the exact kind of person you want onside. Unless he decides the other group is more to his liking.

It would be a shame if Tyreese never turns up although it would be worse if we never get Michonne.

Archived