The Walking Dead - Season 2

Mattyp

Is anyone going to be watching this on Sunday? I was a big fan of the first series and the premier was one of the best episodes of television that ever graced my eyes.

I'm a huge fan for anything 'zombie' and am hoping the return of the show will be just as captivating. I admit the season finale wasn't all that but I remain hopeful.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1520211/

I can't remember any other series rn that I was so disappointed with. It started so well and then it all fizzled out. /sad panda

I'll give season two a look, but it had better buck its ideas up.

I agree that it definitely didn't keep up the initial quality, but I don't think it fizzled out enough to bypass the second season. They have a bigger budget and more episodes to expand the story this time around so I am cautiously optimistic.

I'm going to watch it. I really enjoyed my Sunday nights last November with Boardwalk Empire and The Walking Dead, it was the night I looked forward to the most all week. Mainly for Boardwalk Empire though, I was disappointed in season 1 of TWD, I thought it could have been better than it was but it was good enough to make me want to come back for S2.

I'm absolutely going to be either watching it or recording it to watch later. I liked pretty much all of Season One, even some of the more stupid moments (and I thought the ending was crazy intense). I'm also curious as to what the fall-out will be from losing Frank Darabont and a huge chunk of their budget with regards to the show's quality.

EDIT: I forgot about Boardwalk Empire. I really should be getting caught up on that.

Im gonna be watching this, I don't care what happens in the world, nothing is stopping me from watching this. Those who say it fizzled out, i think your crazy. This isn't a 2 hour movie, where you expect to have non stop just zombie madness with no real story behind it. This is a show thats story and character driven, yes its about the zombie apocalypse, but its about the trials and tribulations of the people. Its main focus is not just about how disgusting the next kill will be, its about how these people fight to keep their sanity and stay alive in horrific times. I don't think this show fizzled at all, the finale was absolutely amazing. We didn't see one zombie till the last second, but the character and story development of the episode was great.

This show is largely lame melodrama. The whole idea should be that in a zombie apocalypse, all of that gets subordinated for basic survival needs.

It has the AMC look and feel they've managed to achieve, it has great effects and a fully realized world. That's what keeps me watching, but just barely.

Can you imagine the plots Vince Gilligan could devise with this kind of source material? Such a waste.

I am playing the video game Dead Island right now, and I am a bit disappointed with the plot of that game. I just had a discussion with my friend where I mentioned that the format of a zombie apocalypse could make for excellent writing as well and I used the Walking Dead as an example. I absolutely love this show. I think that the human stories being told in this setting is unique and freshening.

I don't think the show is terrible and like I said, I'll be watching it, but it really needs to get better. And by that I don't mean I want massive zombie attacks every week, I just want the stories to be more compelling and the characters less bland.

ok, we are just about halfway thru the season premiere and I'm already pissed. Why would Rick be so stupid as to leave the little girl in the woods alone ? I'd ask why would she be dumb enough to run off into the woods alone when being chased instead of running back to the adults, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt being a kid. RIck ? he's just fucking brain dead. Smart enough to take down two walkers alone, but too stupid to lead them back to the rest of the group where they can be killed easily. I'm starting to go with the "lame melodrama" opinion with this show.

So what's the opinion? A second group of survivors out hunting? The deer was definitely shot, looked like it went through the deer and into the boy.

Re: Rick and Sophia - Rick really didn't have a lot of options, although he put himself in the mess. He could've tracked the walkers through the woods and brained them with his rifle, but instead he disarmed himself and had to find a random rock later. For God's sake, he was in the middle of the woods and he couldn't find a stick.

However... it's not his fault that Sophia was too stupid to stay put like she was told. Rick couldn't have been gone more than 10 or 15 minutes, and from the editing it seemed like she left almost immediately after the walkers were gone.

Damn I'm intensely wondering what the scientist said to him.

Final question - were the walkers on the road just randomly wandering a group, perhaps some kind of herd instinct to follow the leader? Or is there perhaps some deeper driving intelligence moving them along?

Meh, I think this episode blew.

Having the mother of the lost girl and Rick both pray to Jesus was overdone. Rick's cock-tease with walkie talkie and Jenner's last words was cheap.

I'm tired of the retarded tactics of the group. People wandering off, not having their weapons with them at all times, getting into confined spaces where they are vulnerable to attack... just dumb. Yes, I know they're mostly scared civilians, but still.

Can't someone find a dog that barks when zombies are nearby? Find or make some clubs, axes, swords?

Edit: The zombies are the best part of the show. Walkers, sleepers, herds, packs, singles, varying degrees of intelligence and memory. The diversity from the standard killing machine is nice.

Edit II: The budget cuts were apparent as well. The opener was cut down to one location, with three 'sets', none of which were expensive.

Other issues: How did the people in the cars die? Poison gas? I love how the white supremacist drove a really loud motorcycle; nothing like straight pipes to attract the walking dead. Not a good idea to be in the open on a bike either.

Wow... there is a lot of dislike for the show. I would like to remind you... There are zombies eating people... There are creative ways to kill zombies with all sorts of different weapons and tricks...

They cut open a zombie and examined it's stomach content for God's sake. How awesome is that?

Come on guys... What are you looking for on national TV? and as for budget cuts... The Zombies look as good or better than any I have seen in any movie. I love this show

Hate all the female characters and most of the male ones too... lol

I felt the same, but last night Rick's wife got me to like her. All the whining, self indulgent crap the characters were putting out while under zombie attack, she just had enough and put everyone in their place. I was cheering for her.

I really don't notice most of the flaws until someone points them out. Daryl on the bike was one thing I did think was stupid. The dead in the cars, maybe they were zombies but the sun and being trapped in cars that became ovens baked their brains?

Jenner's last words to Rick, I'm just sticking to my theory until they say otherwise, what Rick said on the walkie-talkie gave me a big clue that I'm right.

75% of the episode looking for the girl pissed me off. I kept waiting for them to find her and get on with the plot but apparently the plot was the search and what they find while looking for her and I wasn't really happy with that.

Archived