Whose death would surprise you the most?

ZacharyB

It's safe to say that, at this point, plot armor isn't relevant in ASOIAF. I could think of GRRM killing off a lot of characters that probably aren't going to get killed off and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised. Is there anyone's death at this point who would legitimately surprise you?

If I had to choose anyone, I'd have to say Sansa. I'm honestly surprised that she's lived for this long, since I thought for sure she'd be the first Stark gone since her Direwolf died first. But now she's alive and currently one of two Starks who the world knows is alive, albeit missing. If George killed her off now, I'd be surprised.

What about you?

Bran is pretty much the only one that would shock me. I can totally see Sansa, Arya, Dany, Jon Snow, Tyrion, etc... all dying in various scenarios.

But Bran seems pretty safe after reading ADwD, hidden away with Bloodraven and the Children of the Forest. Granted, he's surrounded by wights and White Walkers, but whatever magic the CotF use seems to keep them away pretty well.

i kind of don't see theon dying. given all he went through, to die now would make his whole "theon to reek back to theon" arc a little anticlimatic. i also think he will re-call the kingsmoot based on his inability to attend and win the seastone chair after his uncles kill themselves off.

Archived