Last chapter and epilogue of SoS

Oortmode

As soon as Lysa started babbling her crazy nonsense and Petyr came in I knew exactly how it was going to end up. Can't say I'm sad to see that happen.

Also she let the whole 'Tansy' mystery slip for the reader to pick up on which was neat. (or at least I'm assuming that's what the whole tansy thing was to do with)

The epilogue was cool. I'm excited to see how that little twist pans out for the Freys and Boltons.

Now it's on to FFC, which I've heard is the weakest book in the series and I hope people are wrong.

As soon as Lysa started babbling her crazy nonsense and Petyr came in I knew exactly how it was going to end up. Can't say I'm sad to see that happen.

Also she let the whole 'Tansy' mystery slip for the reader to pick up on which was neat. (or at least I'm assuming that's what the whole tansy thing was to do with)

The epilogue was cool. I'm excited to see how that little twist pans out for the Freys and Boltons.

Now it's on to FFC, which I've heard is the weakest book in the series and I hope people are wrong.

I can agree with you there I wasn't bothered at all by Lysa meeting her own little moon hole.. She is or was batshit crazy.. Too bad her son wasn't attached to her tit at that moment because I wouldn't be sad to see him die either. Yeah yeah he's a little boy but I don't care, he's just as crazy as his whack job mother.

The epilogue was pretty crazy! I can't wait to see where GRRM takes that character and what she ends up doing... Very interesting. I've heard that FFC isn't that boring it's just a lot of characters you haven't read before. You get a lot of different POV's.. so it's a little confusing with getting to know even more characters but it's not that bad of a read.. Guess we'll see huh? Not sure when I'll be diving into FFC but hopefully soon.

I'll just say on the topic of FFC that a few of the major players are not really written about.

Killing Lysa made no sense to me, mostly because it was clear Littlefinger wasn't popular in the Vale. So he marries her, kisses his own daughter in public, then his wife dies under mysterious circumstances -- all in the course of a few days or weeks at the most?

I can't imagine that Littlefinger doesn't end up following his wife right after that.

Also wasn't there a red-headed woman in an inn named Tansy, or am I remembering it wrong?

Killing Lysa made no sense to me, mostly because it was clear Littlefinger wasn't popular in the Vale. So he marries her, kisses his own daughter in public, then his wife dies under mysterious circumstances -- all in the course of a few days or weeks at the most?

I can't imagine that Littlefinger doesn't end up following his wife right after that.

Also wasn't there a red-headed woman in an inn named Tansy, or am I remembering it wrong?

There was but I have a feeling that was just there to throw the reader off.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the fact that Lysa mentioned 'tansy' when talking about her forced abortion seems like that's what Hoster was really repentant about on his death bed.

Eh, what can you do? She'd lost it over Sansa and was giving the game away. He couldn't have her locked up, couldn't placate her without losing Sansa and couldn't have her babbling away about how he started the War of the Five Kings.

Depends what he wants Sansa for, if it's as a protege and/or pawn in the Game he needs her around and needs her at the centre of his operations.

I don't think he knew Lysa was watching or wanted her to flip out - for one thing she'd act unpredictably, and that's a trait Petyr admires only in himself - but his use for her was dwindling after the marriage and she was high maintenance, so I doubt he had to think it over much.

• 1 year later...

The story lines of every character in SoS end in the strongest ways possible:

Arya; valar morghulis

Sansa; Lysa dies, Jon Arryn killer finally revealed.

Tyrion; Tywin dead, he finds out about Tysha, Shae dead, Tyrion escapes.

Dany; f*** Westeros, i'm staying in Meeran.

Catelyn; F*** death, i'm killing some Freys

• 2 weeks later...

No Dany chapters. Sounds pretty damn awesome to me.

People started hating Dany when they finished ASoS? Interesting.

The ending of ASoS was simply amazing for almost every PoV. Lysa's death had no impact al all on me, but "Only Cat" made me like LF for 2 seconds. The epilogue is thrilling and offers some sense of justice to the reader, imo.

Archived