EasterCon 2012: BwB Shenanigans (Attendance List first post)

Chaldanya

6th-9th April, 2012

Eastercon

Guest of Honour: George R R Martin

The BwB will be organising a series of events to celebrate the amazing success of ASOIAF and to have a really really really good knees-up.

We’ve got some amazing things in the pipeline that we hope to start confirming in the next couple of months. Obviously no BwB gathering would be complete without the traditional Saturday night party. As Eastercon run their own main party on the Saturday (and believe me when I say you’re not going to want to miss it), we will be setting up an after hours private gathering for the BwB only.

In order to pay for this we will be holding various fund raising events over the next couple of months with some items that no fan of sci-fi/fantasy should be without. These raffles or auctions will be open to ALL the BwB and not just those attending Eastercon.

As we get closer to the con we’ll be asking for volunteers and we truly hope you’ll take the opportunity to get involved; sometimes organising can be just as much fun as everything else!

Please chime in here if you are attending Eastercon so that we can get an idea of numbers.

See you there!

BwB UK

PS Mods, can you please sticky this thread and not combine it with the other EasterCon thread as this is where all announcements about arrangements will be made. Thx

Attendance List (with thanks to LMG)

Lord Jo Favourite Spearwife

Tenalpia

Isis + Gingerwolverine

Chaldanya + Ser Sean (not sure which days)

Alytha

Filippa Eilhart + John

Mormont

Pebble

Williamjm

Pod

MG

Malt

Eloisa + MCGeek

SamanthaofTarth

lanky316

Josscock

Derfel Cadarn

Wee_Birdie

red snow

quirksome

Chataya de Fleury

Adz of CCAA

Kissdbyfire (+1 Mon only)

The Iceman of the North

Davieboy (+Mrs Davieboy Mon only)

Eira

Slick Mongoose

mrmrssmith

Targh + Jon (+1 Mon only)

Hamster of Doom

Werthead +1 (Sat & Sun only)

Dunhallym +1

Elaria

Faraday (Sun only)

Mina Martell (Sun only)

Liffguard

Alex Timperley

Neal

Peadar (+ Nork Mon only)

I will definitely be at Eastercon, but am unlikely to make an after-hours party due to fatigue issues. Will be around for fun and games before midnight, at which point I generally turn into a pumpkin: small chance of being around afterwards. (Much greater chance I'll leave MCGeek with you and go to bed.)

• 3 weeks later...

By posting here you have completed the arduous joining process. Congratulations and welcome to the BWB :cheers:

Eastercon takes place at the Radisson Hotel, Heathrow Airport, London, UK over the 2012 Easter weekend. Full details about the convention can be found on the website: http://olympus2012.org/index.php

I hope you'll be able to join us, it will be a great opportunity to hang out with George and many fellow GRRM fans.

I really want to come along (and have been invited to a panel) but staying at the hotel seems to be inordinately expensive. Commuting in, at least for a day, is a possibility, though I'd likely miss the latter stages of any parties/gatherings. Does anyone have any tips for cheaper accomodation options in the area?

The Ibis is generally cheapest, with the Holiday Inn a close second. Both are on the same road, Bath Road. One or the other may run special offers. (Even the Sheraton is cheaper than the Radisson...)

I won't, of course, suggest the old kip-on-someone's-hotel-floor move. ;)

I'm eyeing up the Premier Inn, which claims to be on the same road, though it loads like a bloody long road to me, so I could end up miles away. :lol: That said, I'm only keeping an eye on Premier Inn for their £29 room sales. If that doesn't happen, then I'll be moving a bit closer and forking up.

I'm eyeing up the Premier Inn, which claims to be on the same road, though it loads like a bloody long road to me, so I could end up miles away. :lol: That said, I'm only keeping an eye on Premier Inn for their £29 room sales. If that doesn't happen, then I'll be moving a bit closer and forking up.

On the Heathrow strip (or anywhere within the airport's fence), buses are free - not the hotels' shuttle buses, which are a rip-off, but the normal red London Transport buses. Just tell the driver you're going down the road and s/he won't charge you. Therefore if you're a twenty minute walk away, it'll cost you zero to turn this into a five minute bus ride.

On the Heathrow strip (or anywhere within the airport's fence), buses are free - not the hotels' shuttle buses, which are a rip-off, but the normal red London Transport buses. Just tell the driver you're going down the road and s/he won't charge you. Therefore if you're a twenty minute walk away, it'll cost you zero to turn this into a five minute bus ride.

Oh now that is funky cool! A good bit of info to know, thanks, as it means that I can look further down Bath Road without worrying about how far away I am from the Radisson. Obviously I want to be as close as I can, but the less I spend on accom. the better. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be there. Plus my ginger wolverine. :)

My brothers have been known to dub me "tangerine" because they claim i have a logan do when I let the hair out of control.

I'd like to come but as I don't know where (and if) i'll be working in April I can't commit yet. Hopefully that will change sooner rather than later as it sounds like fun.

Archived