EasterCon 2012: BwB Shenanigans (Attendance List first post)

Chaldanya

Ok, I'm gonna try to overcome my pathological shyness and post something a bit less 'dry' and detached (single malt is always a big help) . I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you, even though posting here makes me feel I'm crashing a party I haven't been invited to coz you guys have known each other for ages!

Can't wait for Eastercom, I'm really excited about it.

That was not so dry and detached, was it?

You can call me 'nan', or 'Old Laura'.

:-)

Ok, I'm gonna try to overcome my pathological shyness and post something a bit less 'dry' and detached (single malt is always a big help) . I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you, even though posting here makes me feel I'm crashing a party I haven't been invited to coz you guys have known each other for ages! Can't wait for Eastercom, I'm really excited about it. That was not so dry and detached, was it? You can call me 'nan', or 'Old Laura'. :-)
Greetings KissedbyFire. I'm sure you'll have a great time. There is always a decent mixture of new people and old timers at these things. By the end of the con, you'll be ready to be one of the old timers for the next con!

Definitely; this will be my first EasterCon, and I'm one of the newer members to the board - I might have been around eighteen months or so, but I rarely post; so not all of us have been here ages and know each other - I'll be in the same boat as you. I've met some people who are coming, but not all. It'll be fun though! XD

Ok, I'm gonna try to overcome my pathological shyness and post something a bit less 'dry' and detached (single malt is always a big help) . I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you, even though posting here makes me feel I'm crashing a party I haven't been invited to coz you guys have known each other for ages!

Can't wait for Eastercom, I'm really excited about it.

That was not so dry and detached, was it?

You can call me 'nan', or 'Old Laura'.

:-)

If you are a member of this board, or know someone who is then your Invited. So don't be shy and feel like a party crasher. Just remember to collect a few Mobile numbers (by PM) before you arrive.

I'd send you mine now but I may have a new phone then.

We need a head count on how many of us are going to be at Eastercon so I've made a list of those who said they'll be there in this and the other thread.

If you are not on this list please speak up and I will add you to it. No need to be shy.

If you can't make it for some reason and need to be removed then please say so. Thanks.

Lord Jo Favourite Spearwife

Tenalpia

Isis + Gingerwolverine

Chaldanya + Ser Sean

Alytha

Filippa Eilhart + John

Mormont

Pebble

Williamjm

Pod

MG

Malt

Eloisa + MCGeek

SamanthaofTarth

lanky316

Josscock

Derfel Cadarn

Wee_Birdie

red snow

quirksome

Chataya de Fleury

Adz of CCAA

Kissdbyfire

The Iceman of the North

Davieboy

Eira

Slick Mongoose

mrmrssmith

Targh + Jon

Hamster of Doom

Werthead +1 (Sat & Sun only)

Dunhallym +1

Elaria

Faraday (Sun only)

Mina Martell (Sun only)

Liffguard

Alex Timperley

Registration should be open from around 10am to around 6pm on the Friday and Saturday, and on both Sunday and Monday mornings. If you arrive after registration closes but before midnight, text me - I'll PM you my mobile number - and I'll find the relevant stuff to book you in.

Er....as I can't attend the Eastercon shindig due to a previous commitment to the Easter Bunny (sorry, for those of us with snivelling brats Easter weekend is not a good shout) I was feeling pretty fed up. However, GRRM's latest post, the one about the SFX awards, mentions book signings in Bath and London but there is nothing on his appearances page. Anyone know anything about this as I can probably make a Bath signing more easily?

However, GRRM's latest post, the one about the SFX awards, mentions book signings in Bath and London but there is nothing on his appearances page. Anyone know anything about this as I can probably make a Bath signing more easily?

Not all the details about the very few signings George will be doing while we're in the UK in April have been finalized. We do know that at Olympus 2012 2 signing sessions are planned.

The signing in Topping & Co's Bath store will take place on Wednesday, April 4.

You can read more about that event here: http://www.toppingbo...rge-r-r-martin/

there will be a short interview, some Q&A with the audience, and then he'll sign until about 9pm.

The usual rules will apply, limit of books you can have signed in one go-round. If there's time, you can go to the back of the line and get more books signed. No posed photos because they just take up so much time with getting assembled, posed, and then telling whoever is holding the camera which button to push, then the checking of the photo, trying again, etc., etc.....

Please support Topping & Co., indeed any bookstore that holds a signing event, by purchasing books while attending the event. Of course we'd like you to buy more GRRM books, but if you don't need to add to your GRRM collection, pick up some other titles you've been meaning to read. The bookstores spend a lot of money, time and effort to hold a signing, and they need to show that the events are worth the expense.

There will be some other public events while we're in the UK, will have details sooner or later. It often takes some time to get those events confirmed and up on the web site, so checking George's blog is a good idea since he often mentions upcoming events before we can post them on the web site. (We're working on a redesign of the web site which would allow us to update, modify and create new content much easier, hope to unveil it before the end of the spring).

Sorry you'll miss EasterCon, hope to see you at Bath or elsewhere.

If there are any Bros or friends who are thinking of getting a membership at the door, you may want to reconsider delaying your purchase until you're at the convention site.

I'm told there's about 1,100 people already holding memberships. The unofficial maximum number of attendees is going to be about 1,500-1,600, deepening on multiple variables.There is going to be at least some pre-con publicity in the form of interviews with George that will be published or will be broadcast before Olympus 2012 starts.

Our experiences in the past several years indicate that there will be people who are unaware of George's appearance at a convention near them because they don't normally pay attention to the SF/F convention calendar. But an interview in a paper, a link on a website or a friend who is more informed and enthusiastic can convince a person to take the chance and go to a convention to see GRRM.

So we might see a bump in attendance by new people who aren't regularly part of the SF/F communities. How many? Can't be sure. But for those Bros and others who want to ensure they've got their memberships for the convention sorted, I encourage them to get up on line and find out how they can purchase their memberships now. Here's a link to the proper page on the Olympus 2012 site:http://www.olympus2012.org/join.php

See ya there!

Not all the details about the very few signings George will be doing while we're in the UK in April have been finalized. We do know that at Olympus 2012 2 signing sessions are planned.

The signing in Topping & Co's Bath store will take place on Wednesday, April 4.

You can read more about that event here: http://www.toppingbo...rge-r-r-martin/

Thanks for the heads up Parris, really very helpful. I should be able to make the Bath session and will get hold of an advance ticket forwith. Brilliant! :D

It looks like I'm going to be down for one day of the convention (probably the Saturday but not confirmed yet), taking part in one panel and a couple of other activities :) Will probably have to shoot off early-ish, but I'll make sure I check out whatever the Bros are up to.

First time poster here so please go easy on me! :) I can't make Eastercon but I have my tickets for the Bath event and would love to hear if BwB are doing anything around town that night? I've been sitting with ants in my pants wondering if I should make a post about the Bath event ever since I got my tickets the other week. Since Parris has posted about it in this thread, I thought I'd best ask here though. I'm a local student so at the very least I could point out a few good pubs! :D

First time poster here so please go easy on me! :) I can't make Eastercon but I have my tickets for the Bath event and would love to hear if BwB are doing anything around town that night? I've been sitting with ants in my pants wondering if I should make a post about the Bath event ever since I got my tickets the other week. Since Parris has posted about it in this thread, I thought I'd best ask here though. I'm a local student so at the very least I could point out a few good pubs! :D

Hi Mousey, welcome to the board. I've just started a new thread for the bath signing. :)

Archived