EasterCon 2012: BwB Shenanigans (Attendance List first post)

Chaldanya

I can't stay for the dead dog (Boo!), cos I've got work Tuesday afternoon and I didn't get my holiday request form in quick enough - simply put, somebody who also wants the day off got there first. So I have to go back Monday night.

Party theme............no idea. I'll just go with the flow and roll with what people settle on.

Too bad you can't stay Samantha, I feel for you. But there will still be 3 nights of party, small comfort I know... :(

I'm lucky to be able to stay, I had already taken Tuesday off for winding down at home...

Since I have never been to a BwB gathering I don't really know what you usually do at the con parties, so maybe a silly question but is everyone going to go in costume? I mean in some groups (like a medieval society I was in, a long time ago), it is required, in some it's come as you are...

After fighting for nearly an hour booking stupid flight tickets, I can officially say that I will be coming with my SO. Hotel (Holiday Inn), memberships and flights all booked. Arriving on Friday night, and leaving on Monday evening. And hopefully this time without pneumonia.

Yay!!!

You can add me to the being there list, realise I never post despite having been a member of the board for a while and reading it for ages.

Oh and I don't know if it helps any of you, or its been mentioned before, but if u head to Heathrow Central Bus station when u land you can get the 285, 140, 111 or N9 (if night time) or anything heading to Harlington Corner direction, they run all the time. They are normal london red buses, are completely free due to being on Heathrow perimeter loop and will take you to right outside the Radisson, you just need to get off the stop after Boltons Lane near McDonalds. You can also get to most of the hotels on the A4 on them, although not all, so don't kill me if u get lost.

OK - more news -

I have found this ace pub in hailing distance of the Edwardian/Con and it is lush and they provide free transportation to and from the airport hotels - http://oldenglishpub.com/default.aspx.

We can either hire the barn bar and have it to ourselves with a kareoke machine and pet furries, or we can just go in the main bar. This will run from 5pm with the free transport available from then until we leave. The minivan holds up to 9 people I believe, and just for coolness, I don't want to send him out for 2 people, yeah ? But folks can be delivered from the airport area to the pub at any time. So going home early if you are a wuss and a Wendy is also fine ...

So what I want is for folks to register their interest in attending a thursday eve drinks session and from whence they we shall extrapolate whether we shall hire the barn or not. I thank you and start the ball rolling by saying that - myself and Tenalpia ( as well as other pets and fancies of mine ) will be leaving in the first minibus at 5pm.

So

THURSDAY NIGHT THIRST QUENCHER

me - 5pm - then back later at around 10pm as I have a social engagement.

Ten - 5pm

Ms Newton and Mr G Wolverine - tbc

MountainGoatster - later, if at all ...

Slick, Slickity, Slickman - ?

SamanthaofTarth - 5/6pm

Malt ( the Man; The Legend ) - 8/9pm

Adz of CCAA - ( intriguing, I am not sure what oyur nickname is yet ) - ?

Liffguard - who wins the vague award, well done, sir - ???

Chal and her manmeat - who is allowed to be vague due to her parasite.

Pod - Licking may result in hospitalisation /N00bwarning - ?

Iceman of the North - who I really hope arrives on a mammoth ( please one day actually do that ) - around 9pm

Eira - it will be good to meet you ;)

Alytha

Targh

ETA - Eurocommie goodness, yummy.

I am unable to commit to anything. The only thing I can say with any surety us that I will be at EasterCon at some point during the weekend.

If I were to attend Thursday night I would be in the car as I will not be staying at the hotel.

N

2008, surely?

I vivdly remember me, El and Steve in the communal area... I also remember losing my favourite wand down the back of one of those sofas...

Odyssey was 2010 ... you are thinking of the *first* time I had to manhandle the stuff through the tills - we were better organised Barwise in 2010 ....

OK - more news -

I have found this ace pub in hailing distance of the Edwardian/Con and it is lush and they provide free transportation to and from the airport hotels - http://oldenglishpub.com/default.aspx.

We can either hire the barn bar and have it to ourselves with a kareoke machine and pet furries, or we can just go in the main bar. This will run from 5pm with the free transport available from then until we leave. The minivan holds up to 9 people I believe, and just for coolness, I don't want to send him out for 2 people, yeah ? But folks can be delivered from the airport area to the pub at any time. So going home early if you are a wuss and a Wendy is also fine ...

So what I want is for folks to register their interest in attending a thursday eve drinks session and from whence they we shall extrapolate whether we shall hire the barn or not. I thank you and start the ball rolling by saying that - myself and Tenalpia ( as well as other pets and fancies of mine ) will be leaving in the first minibus at 5pm.

So

THURSDAY NIGHT THIRST QUENCHER

me - 5pm

Ten - 5pm

Ms Newton and Mr G Wolverine - tbc

MountainGoatster - later, if at all ...

They are a good pub (or used to be - the last time I was there was probably the B5 wrap party).

They are around 20 mins from the hotel in traffic - just to warn you of that ...

I'll not be miffed about losing volunteers however ;-)

Archived