Mafia game 82.5

HT Reddy

Yeh, there were no roles - I've always wanted tp run a roleless game, literally just FM versus RIs and so that was why I did it. 8 players is not easy to balance in this way though, so really such a set up is heavily in the evilz favour. The setting will be tweaked slightly tomorrow for the rematch, but I won't say more until tomorrow morning.

yeah, 8 is ridiculously awkward. like even if you add a pr it's hard to add enough to not unbalance it in either direction.

*shrug* I think it's a reasonably valid tactic, it's not something i'd usually employ but if I can catch him fakeclaiming a pr in an all vanilla set-up I don't think I should be punished.

Well like I said, I think it's against the spirit of the game - the sort of thing WJ would do and consider completely valid because it's within the letter of the rules and helps the team. But here Zar had no way of knowing that RIs (ie everyone) didn't get a PM so you'd be catching him out due to something out of his control, which is not really fun. I certianly wouldn't have modkilled you, but maybe a strongly worded PM and half a day sheeping or something. Anyway, doesn't matter now.

Well like I said, I think it's against the spirit of the game - the sort of thing WJ would do and consider completely valid because it's within the letter of the rules and helps the team. But here Zar had no way of knowing that RIs (ie everyone) didn't get a PM so you'd be catching him out due to something out of his control, which is not really fun. I certianly wouldn't have modkilled you, but maybe a strongly worded PM and half a day sheeping or something. Anyway, doesn't matter now.

you said on the first page the ri's got no pm

sheeping? :P I would find that amusing, actually.

Maybe I'll self impose it next game ^__^

well if you think it shouldn't happen explicityly outlaw it, seriously I'm not trying to rule lawyer but there's no reason (really) it's illegal except it's a little unfair on newer players. I think we probably had this won too, as malc was getting lynched which probably meant zar followed the next day.

Yeah that's a reasonable thing to say, but it's quite a legalistic thing to say - like the American approach to financial regulation. Mafia shouldn't have oodles of rules, which is why I didn't bother with them - we don't need rules if we behave fairly. In this case it wasn't really about experience - Malc didn't know I hadn't PMd the innos either so if he'd said 'my PM just said I was a RI' you'd have caught him out - but it would have been my fault, not his, which is why I think it wouldn't be on.

If no PM has flown your way,

A roleless townie you will stay

yeah, here. I'd not have done it if not. i was trying to catch a lack of attention or him to claim a pr. i figured it was okay since the info was in the thread.

yeah, here. I'd not have done it if not. i was trying to catch a lack of attention or him to claim a pr. i figured it was okay since the info was in the thread.

I interpreted that differently I thought it meant there was a healer

Archived