Does anybody else actually like Roose Bolton?

TheFlayedMan

Harrenhal and the fall of winterfall in CoK kind of tipped me off that the Boltons couldn't be trusted. I mean look at the company Roose keeps when he arrives at harrenhal.

As for my opinion...meh...I don't really care for him.

• 2 weeks later...

Roose is personally my favourite character, and I have a major man crush on him. I love his pragmatism, his cunning, his generally chilled demeanour and i think he's a really interesting character and villain as a whole. Also, I get the feeling that he would be the one to kill Ramsay. Like maybe Ramsay does something, or maybe his injured and he gets taken to his daddy looking for some live and Roose just pulls out his sword and finishes him with his usual lack of fucks attitude

• 3 weeks later...

I am not a huge fan of Roose but i kinda hope that Ramsay ends up killing him, because that would further everyone's hatred/sick desires for Ramsay

I'm hoping for the opposite, Roose killing Ramsay, but that would be out of character... Theon's my next best hope (after a meeting between Stannis and Ramsay)

He's just such an interesting character (and in my opinion, far more dangerous than Ramsay). I agree with the sentiment that he's pretty much the Northmen's equivalent of Tywin Lannister. And I hate myself for admitting that I kinda want him to survive the series. :P

Anyways, totally looking forward to more Roose/McElhatton on the show in season 4.

what's not to like? Roose is soft spoken,decisive,pragmatic,devious. In short a man who takes what he like ( Ramsey's mother) If he feels slighted he takes revenge,not always right away, but eventually.( see Red Wedding). Pragmatic in that he allows Ramsey to do a lot of his dirty work, but keeps him on a leash.( a rather long one) . Much like The Late Lord Frey, he bides his time until he figures who will win. He makes the best of bad situations ( marrying the fatest Frey woman when Lord Walder's bride price is his choices weight in silver or gold... forgot which :) He is named warden of the north after leading The Young Wolf to the Twins.

All in all a great villain in a cast were you have to try very hard to be #1. He is all about survival of the fittest when it comes to his heir. Although Ramsay is trying his best to be the nastiest Bolton, he is anything but subtle.

Roose only has Ramsey legitimized by the crown because all his non baseborn children are dead or murdered by Ramsey.

How can you not admire a guy who speaks softly but has great Lords hanging on his every word?

Here is a man who's sigil shows who and what is and no one has the courage to keep him in check.

Even Ramsey fears him. That should tell you something.

Archived