Sandor Clegane v. 7...better, faster, stronger...

headtrip_honey

Basically, for the elim game, all you have to do is copy the poster before you, and then choose one person to "heal" and one person to "hurt".

Whoever you heal, you increase their score by one, and whoever you hurt, you decrease their score by one. The "total score" needs to be 175.

Thanks for the explanation! I just cast a vote for our beloved Sandor. Is there some kind of limit on how many votes we can cast?

I'd like to talk about Sandor's wilderness survival skills. When he's on the run in SoS, he kills rabbits for their dinner. How? How do you kill a rabbit with a sword? Perhaps he has a throwing stick. I wouldn't think he'd have time to set snares.

He wraps his burnt arm with leaves and holds it in a sling. That's cool! Do you think the leaves are special medicinal leaves or just plain old leaves? I wouldn't have known what to do with it. I suppose leaves are nice and cool and wouldn't be likely to stick to the wound, so maybe it was instinctual. Or is it standard for young men to learn these kinds of things as they're growing up/squiring?

How the hell does he know where he's going when he's traveling in the bush? After he kidnaps Arya, he stays away from the roads and travels through the woods, and doubles back several times to avoid being tracked. And it's night time. How did he get to know the country so well? Surely it would take years to be that familiar with the country to be able to figure out where you're going on backwoods trails and without a map.

Not to mention his disguises... I know he's a really good observer but it's still really awesome that he's able to act the part of a humble farmer so convincingly that not even someone who's fought him in tourneys several times doesn't figure out that the giant hooded man with the distinctive huge black war horse could be Sandor Clegane in disguise.

I feel like I'm forgetting stuff but I can always add to this later...

I went to the contest but I couldn't understand how to play. Otherwise I would totally be there supporting our sexy beast!

(This is only my third post ever and I've never used the "quote" function before so I hope I did it right)

Hi Leigh, just wanted to welcome you to the Sisterhood. :)

Everyone, go help Sandor!

One catch now that's it to the top 5 - you can't heal someone past 20 points. So use judgment!

Once you get to the top 3, it's sudden death. No heals, just hurts. (I think I'm understanding this correctly...someone correct me if I'm not!)

Hi Leigh, just wanted to welcome you to the Sisterhood. :)

Thanks!

I've been addicted for MONTHS.

Y'all are lifesavers... Or sanity savers might be more like it. Although I'm questioning my sanity at this point, because the books are so addictive. I've read so much excellent fiction and fantasy over the years but after finishing all 5 books of A Song of Ice and Fire, now I'm finding it hard to enjoy reading anything else. I'm lost. :(

Thanks!

Y'all are lifesavers... Or sanity savers might be more like it. Although I'm questioning my sanity at this point, because the books are so addictive. I've read so much excellent fiction and fantasy over the years but after finishing all 5 books of A Song of Ice and Fire, now I'm finding it hard to enjoy reading anything else. I'm lost. :(

That's what this forum is for. No need to feel lost anymore. But you may not regain your sanity, though. ;)

Thanks!

You should join our LJ community! Follow the link in my sig.

I've tried but I only get the Community Rules page. When I click on that, I see the rules and the comments. But I don't see any other posts and when I click on the archive the only thing that shows up is the Community Rules. Do I have to sign up for a LiveJournal account?

Yes

I've tried but I only get the Community Rules page. When I click on that, I see the rules and the comments. But I don't see any other posts and when I click on the archive the only thing that shows up is the Community Rules. Do I have to sign up for a LiveJournal account?

Yes, you do. It's free, though. We have it members only so that we can talk about whatever the hell we want. Heh.

I went to the contest but I couldn't understand how to play. Otherwise I would totally be there supporting our sexy beast!

(This is only my third post ever and I've never used the "quote" function before so I hope I did it right)

Welcome Leigh, you have not been truly welcomed until, the CROW WELCOMES YA :).

Okay, WHAT am I doing wrong? I created a LJ account and am signed in but I still only see the Community Rules page! The archive doesn't give me anything, and I can't find any posts aside from the rules post!

You have to join the community. The join button should be at the top of the screen.

Okay, WHAT am I doing wrong? I created a LJ account and am signed in but I still only see the Community Rules page! The archive doesn't give me anything, and I can't find any posts aside from the rules post!

Did you actually join the community? Because you can't just be signed in to LJ to be able to see the posts, you actually have to join the community. There should be a "Join This Community" option somewhere, depending on which LJ format you're using.

Welcome Leigh, you have not been truly welcomed until, the CROW WELCOMES YA :).

I never got an official CROW welcome. :( *feels sorry for self* :P

Did you actually join the community? Because you can't just be signed in to LJ to be able to see the posts, you actually have to join the community. There should be a "Join This Community" option somewhere, depending on which LJ format you're using.

I never got an official CROW welcome. :( *feels sorry for self* :P

My appologies, i hope you please accept this late, but still meaningful welcome :)

@Leigh

Don't feel bad, it takes awhile to get used to everything here. Never feel bad about asking how to do things, anyone who makes you feel that way is an asshole.

Archived