Need Help With Arya

ned stark

Mummers/mumming is an archaic (old) word for actors/acting. Calling the "Brave Companions", a sellsword troupe (group of people) the "Bloody Mummers" is a derogatory (insulting) phrase that other people use because they're a group of particularly diverse and crazy lot of soldiers, led by someone who is called "The Goat". If that isn't a folly (crazy funny story), I don't know what is. Putting all those other words in quotes just to make it perfectly clear, not meant to be insulting. Btw, how old are you? Just curious.

Dark Sister, No insult taken. :) Thanks for the additional info.

And regarding age......well, that's a little personal, for now. Perhaps after I get to know you better. But I am curious about your wondering. Would you please tell me more about that? Thanks!

In context, the mummers you referred to were the Brave Companions (by the way they are neither braves nor companions, either)

Bloody Mummers, well, they are called like that behind their back because they look more like a circus than a sellsword company. Of course they are no more mummers than the Storm Crows are crows, that the Second Sons are family guys or that the Golden Company is actually made of gold.

ETA: Also, post count is not really a marker for credibility. Look at what is written, not at the mostly meaningless number below the name. A lot of newcomers have been more awesome than veteran boarders with thousand of posts. And when it comes to facts from the books, or dictionary definitions, anyone is at the same level: we've all read the same books, and we have the same dictionary definitions for the same words.

To Errant Bard, Re-reading my original post, I can see what you mean about how my question was taken. Sorry I was not initially more clear.

And regarding, "post count is not really a marker for credibility", I can understand that too. I suppose I was attempting to allow for that given my brand new status on the site but I will keep your thought in mind as I go through the posts of long time participants.

Dark Sister, No insult taken. :) Thanks for the additional info.

And regarding age......well, that's a little personal, for now. Perhaps after I get to know you better. But I am curious about your wondering. Would you please tell me more about that? Thanks!

I'm wondering cuz you seem young. No worries, I posed as a 16-yr-old on a WoT chat when I was 11/12, so I was just wondering. You can PM me your age if you want. You just seemed young to me -- which is not an insult at at all :)

Archived