Are Reek & Ramsay really cut?

Bastard of Balmora

Forgive me if this kind of thing doesn't belong here or it's inappropriate, but is this really true? Does anyone have ANY info on whether or not his character has been removed from the show? Again I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I haven't kept up with the GoT news much, but I realized that this is becoming more and more evident...How could they cut his character? If anyone has any information I'd love to read it.

It would be an absolute travesty not to include such an integral and interesting character. I understand not everything can translate exactly form book to screen, but come on...I am hoping beyond hopes that perhaps in the middle of S2, during one of the Winterfell scenes, Ser Rodrik arrives back at Winterfell with a prisoner known only as 'Reek'. Just the thought gives me goosebumps. Would be a nice surprise.

I also hope he's not cut, and I don't think he will be. It seems to me that it would be more work writing around his absence than just including him. If they're only planning on doing three seasons, which I don't think is the case, then Ramsay is probably expendable. But his absence beyond season 3 will really mess with the storylines.

Plus, he's a great evil villain. The only reason I could see them cutting him is because he won't have much to do for at least one season. However, neither will Theon, and I think the audience would still remember him down the line.

It would be an absolute travesty not to include such an integral and interesting character.

Not including him in S2 doesn't mean he wouldn't ever be in the show. Roose wasn't in S1, yet here he is in S2. Ramsay only has a major role in aDwD.

Not including him in S2 doesn't mean he wouldn't ever be in the show. Roose wasn't in S1, yet here he is in S2. Ramsay only has a major role in aDwD.

He's behind all Theon's decisions in ACOK.

And the twist ending in ACOK is awesome. It would be a shame to lose it.

He's behind all Theon's decisions in ACOK.

True. It is possible that they could drop his role in those decisions. Unlike in aDwD, where you can't replace him with another character.

I've read theories on the ending of S2. One idea is that they delay the ending of aCoK until S2. I'm not sure. I think the last chapter in aCoK is a brilliant ending and i'd miss it in S2. But by delaying the finale, they could introduce Ramsay in S3. Anyhow, there are a few possibilities. We are definitely going to end up with

Winterfell sacked

at some stage.

I don't see how they can cut Ramsay and Reek, ultimatley they're too important to the story in the North to do that with. Now I could see them putting them off a season though, GRRM said that it doesn't have to be a book for a season, we could see some changes. They're already going to beef up Jeyne's character after all, that's a change.

This looks promising http://www.westeros....g_Soon_Wrapped/ . Here's hoping it's Ramsay(Reek) leading those tracking dogs and not some replacement.

that pic of Audley’s Castle reminds me of the first scene with the french taunters in monty python and the holy grail. i guess there's something seriously wrong with me. lulz

If they cut Reek/Ramsay from this season and tie up aCoK I will be finished with the television show. It would go outside of Theon's character to be wise enough to pull off bran and rickon's fake death. Without Ramsay in this season the Boltons would not be able to take Winterfell and if they find a way to make it possible Theon would have to be killed off creating massive amounts of rewrites for aDwD. If you cut Ramsay from this season you ruin the series.

Eh, the lack of knowledge at this point is a little disheartening. Ramsay (and by extension, Reek) were, in my opinion at least, absolutely crucial to Theon's CoK arc. Cutting them would be rather hilarious; ten episodes or not, Ramsay is essential. The build up from rumours at Winterfell to Ramsay's gambit as Rodrik's host approaches would be great scenes for TV.

Like Pliskin said, the shock ending and the Bastard of Bolton's big reveal were great. It would be a huge shame to rob the HBO series of that.

Would be weird to cut Ramsay. He's a really important character, and he seems like the kind you'd want to have in the television series. I mean a villian that skins people alive and wears them as cloaks? that's pretty creepy and makes for an excellent villain.

The only thing I can think of is that they're going to come up with their own ending to the series. AFFC and ADWD probably aren't going to make for compelling television, since it's a whole bunch of new characters and not much happens in either of the books. Plus, GRRM is not even going to be close to fininishing the books in a timely fashion for purposes of the television series. I would guess that we get the events of ASOS, and then they make a 4th season that's nothing like the books and they have an ending, because I think viewers would be pretty unhappy to have the series left hanging at the end of ASOS.

The only thing I can think of is that they're going to come up with their own ending to the series.

I can safely say you are wrong. D&D have been very faithful to the series so far. They are not going to suddenly diverge hugely after S2. They have as much as said that themselves.

GRRM has more than 3 years to write tWoW (with some chapters already written that were excised from aDwD). More importantly, D&D and GRRM can actually talk to each other. They are already aware of some of the big secrets in aSoIaF. They saw aDwD a lot earlier than us. I'm sure they'll see tWoW a lot earlier than us also. So they don't have to worry about material for 6 seasons at least. There may be an issue subsequently but if we get to 7 seasons, who is going to worry that much?

Turning aFfC and aDwD into TV will be challenging (and there almost certainly will be more stuff cut from those potential seasons) but you can't say not much happens. That's just silly. And just because Ramsay doesn't appear in S2, it doesn't mean he is cut forever. Roose didn't appear in S1 and yet here he is in S2. People shouldn't worry so much.

Ramsay (and by extension, Reek) were, in my opinion at least, absolutely crucial to Theon's CoK arc.

Not really. Reek's involvement can easily be replaced by one of Theon's Ironmen. The only serious issue is with how they wrap up S2 but that's just one scene. Sure, i'd like to see Ramsay in S2 but given how massive S2 already is, I can see why they'd have to cut some material.

Archived