Sandor and Sansa II

brashcandy

I understood that people would want to use her for their own gain. But it's not as if just anybody can get marriages annulled as they like.

Do we have any indication that it is really that easy to annul a marriage? Especially if the person requesting it is not the one married? Marriages can be set aside if not consummated, or if the woman proves barren. I don't think it would be easy or simple otherwise, especially if there are children from that marriage. Then it would be much simpler to kill the husband, and marry the widow. WHich is why she would need a strong husband, one who can deal with this situation.

You're thinking of a cute litter of puppies aren't you, Tini :). But right now we need to be thinking of how she'll get the marriage to Tyrion annulled. It hasn't been consummated but this is no guarantee given the crazy High Septon in KL at the moment. Look at Margaery. All it takes is one rumour. What I'm wickedly hoping for is that Sansa might be the one to spread the rumours herself, in order to avoid LF's plans... ;)

I was thinking the same thing as Headtrip said in her last post:

If you have a corrupt septon and enough cash and/or manpower, I get the impression that it is fairly simple to have a marriage annulled. (see: Tyrion and Tysha)

I believe neither of the married couple wanted that marriage annulled and yet it was.

I was thinking the same thing as Headtrip said in her last post:

I believe neither of the married couple wanted that marriage annulled and yet it was.

Yes, but in that situation Tyrion and Tysha were both minors, completely under the power of Tywin. If Sansa was to marry Sandor, who could contest the legitimacy of the marriage, especially since we know she would be pushing a big belly in no time. ;)

Yes, but in that situation Tyrion and Tysha were both minors, completely under the power of Tywin. If Sansa was to marry Sandor, who could contest the legitimacy of the marriage, especially since we know she would be pushing a big belly in no time. ;)

I was actually referring to her marriage to Tyrion. :lol: I was responding to Tini, when she said that others could not force her into a marriage if she chose not to have an annulment, were they to find out who she really is. My point is, that they can do both ;)

I was actually referring to her marriage to Tyrion. :lol: I was responding to Tini, when she said that others could not force her into a marriage if she chose not to have an annulment, were they to find out who she really is. My point is, that they can do both ;)

Ooops! sorry! :lol:

Does the High Septon have to be involved to annul a marriage, our is it a religious council?

I have no idea. My own speculation would be that since the marriage happened in KL, it would fall under the jurisdiction of the High Septon, plus getting any old random septon to adjudicate might be frowned upon. Tywin could do it because he's a law unto himself, but I don't think it's standard practice for highborn marriages. But I'd welcome to hear other thoughts on this.

She's schmoozing with the lords of the Vale, learning secrets. Since they think she's Alayne Stone, lips are far more likely to be loose around her than they would be around Sansa.

Also, she's privy to lots of LF's plans/information. Double agent, anyone?

I'm all for doublecrossing Littlefinger. I don't see it happening, though. At the moment I think it more likely that she'll doublecross Harry the Heir for control of the Vale to help Littlefinger. She might even end up doublecrossing her siblings, due to faulty information. I just hope she'll take a more active role, whatever she does.

The Stark kids will not start working together as if nothing had happened. Until they meet again in person, they might not even believe that they are dealing with their brothers or sisters who are mostly prsumed dead. They might not even recognize each other if they meet in person. After years of separation, growing up in suspect circumstances, they will not be able to trust each other fully. They would be fools to trust their siblings fully, as they do not know the people their siblings have become.

I don't think of a litter of puppies because I don't think there will be time for breeding in the books. Only Lollys Stokeworth managed to find 9 months to complete a pregnancy.

They cannot force her into a marriage if they cannot get their hands on her. She could run from them. There are many lords in the North. And most would not agree with each other on a good candidate for her husband. Anybody trying to force her into the best marriage would face instant opposition. There were not many people who dared oppose the Lannisters when Tywin chose to marry her off. But the Lannisters lost a lot of their power lately, and so did most of the noble houses. Staying unmarried would involve diplomacy. But she could probably do it.

I have no idea. My own speculation would be that since the marriage happened in KL, it would fall under the jurisdiction of the High Septon, plus getting any old random septon to adjudicate might be frowned upon. Tywin could do it because he's a law unto himself, but I don't think it's standard practice for highborn marriages. But I'd welcome to hear other thoughts on this.

My feeling was that since this was a hgh born marriage performed by the High Septon, it would be harder to annul. Whereas Tyrion's was in a smaller sept in the West, Tywin had the money and power and the High Septon in his pocket and could make it go away. The new High Septon could go either way, I don't think he could be bought or influenced but he may be hopefully more reasonable and realize Sansa was forced into marriage (or he may not care).

My feeling was that since this was a hgh born marriage performed by the High Septon, it would be harder to annul. Whereas Tyrion's was in a smaller sept in the West, Tywin had the money and power and the High Septon in his pocket and could make it go away. The new High Septon could go either way, I don't think he could be bought or influenced but he may be hopefully more reasonable and realize Sansa was forced into marriage (or he may not care).

I wonder truly if the High Septon is really above influence, or maybe he just had it in for the Lannisters? Or Cersei in particular. Or maybe he's working for Varys to destabilize the Lannisters and the Tyrells :) At this rate anything is possible.

But considering that Sansa would probably fail a virginity test (the whole highborn girls and horses issue), it comes down to her word against Tyrion's.

I wonder truly if the High Septon is really above influence, or maybe he just had it in for the Lannisters? Or Cersei in particular. Or maybe he's working for Varys to destabilize the Lannisters and the Tyrells :) At this rate anything is possible.

But considering that Sansa would probably fail a virginity test (the whole highborn girls and horses issue), it comes down to her word against Tyrion's.

There's probably a reason why GRRM made her dislike horseriding...

A marriage can be anulled by a High Septon or a Council of the Faith.....whatever that is.

Also the current HP doesn't like Cersei, so he might feel some sympathy for Sansa given Cersei's role in everything. She also has that pesky Regicide charge to overcome.

And she has to work out what LF wants with the Tapestries.....I doubt he's a secret Carole King fan:)

A marriage can be anulled by a High Septon or a Council of the Faith.....whatever that is.

Also the current HP doesn't like Cersei, so he might feel some sympathy for Sansa given Cersei's role in everything. She also has that pesky Regicide charge to overcome.

And she has to work out what LF wants with the Tapestries.....I doubt he's a secret Carole King fan:)

Hmmm, those tapestries indeed. Maybe there's something sewn into them :dunno: .... Council of the Faith... wouldn't it be funny if Sandor in his position as a brother, had to sit in on a meeting to decide Sansa's marriage... heehehe:)

He seems to be a fanatic, but without more information, it is possible he is someone's agent. Ooooo the possibilities.

wouldn't it be funny if Sandor in his position as a brother, had to sit in on a meeting to decide Sansa's marriage... heehehe:)

:lol: He'd take one step inside the door, realize whose marriage he was deciding, and be all "ANNULLED." And everyone else would just be going, "Wait.... wut?"

:lol: He'd take one step inside the door, realize whose marriage he was deciding, and be all "ANNULLED." And everyone else would just be going, "Wait.... wut?"

:lmao: Very true. So no Sandor on the council of the faith! So, both she and Sandor have some serious charges to get cleared of - Sansa for regicide and Sandor for the Saltpans affair. Maybe it's best they stay hidden. Together, preferably.

Archived