Do you think Ned loved Jon same as his trueborn children?

Ice Turtle

Even if Jon is legitimate, Ned did not deprive him of his inheritance by sending him to join the NW, as Ned had already deprived him of that inheritance by supporting the overthrow of the Targ dynasty. If Viserys, who was the acknowledged Targ heir, had joined the NW he would not have given up lands or gold as he was already a pauper.

And from a couple of pages ago:

This. I never got why people said Jon had no other opportunities apart from becoming a member of the NW. This quite easily could've happened, Jon might've not been that good at being a lord but there's no reason why he couldn't have formed his own minor northern house.

In Queencrown Jon tells Ygritte that Ned and Benjen talked of resettling the gift, and he thinks that if summer had come and gone sooner he might have been chosen to hold one of those holdfasts. Setting up a new village takes time and resources though, so it was not an option when Ned had to make a decision at the start of GoT.

I think he did. I think Ned's thinking at the time of letting Jon go to the Wall, was that he didn't know what was going to happen to him in KL, so sending Jon to the Wall with Benjen was another way of keeping him safe. Plus, he knew that Catelynn was not going to let Jon stay without Ned being there.

Archived