Amazon's Description of TWoW

Vapor

If that is actually what happens in TWOW (and I don't think it is), then I would seriously be pissed. Because Dany always talks about how she needs to fight the Others in order to repair the realm. The Others have nothing to do with her at the moment, though they might in the future. I just can't handle another book half focused on her again. That almost killed ADWD for me.

If this happens I'll assume George has died and someone else is finishing the story in his stead. (Rhollor forbid)

I think he's said that if he dies, he'll burn all his notes, assuring that no one will ever know what will happen. IMO, sounds like a bit of an "up yours" to all the fans who seem to annoy him so much, who keep complaining about him not writing fast enough, etc. A little bit vengeful, imo, but hey-- his ideas, his books, his buisseness.

Though, I must say, if GRRM decides to follow through with this plan and will only tell us if R+L=J at the end of the series, then I doubt will ever really know who Jon's parents are for sure.

not even close. only a few chapters are done and that is because they were removed from adwd and will probably end up getting rewritten like what happened with adwd. we're looking at at least two years maybe more. it is highly unlikely that we'll see anything prior to 2013 especially since amazon's description makes it clear that whoever wrote it hasn't read any of the books and is relying on wikipedia or something for names and places.

I'm honestly not trying to be rude here, but if it's done in less than 5 years, I'd be shocked. The very minimum, I'd say, is about 4 and 1/2 years, and I highly doubt it will be done that fast.

I notice there is no mention of Dario "the situation" as Dany's true love and the savior of human kind.

For this reason alone, I trust nothing in this description.

Lol It's really badly written and doesn't make much sense, it refers to Westeros as "Danys her new-won kingdom" implying that she's won it already - not even close. The lion and wolf hunting together... which wolves? The 10 year olds? Lol okay.

My first thought was that it reads like the summary of the rest of the book series that was written a long time ago, like pre-Storm. But then there's the random reference to the Greenseer whose existence wasn't revealed until DwD... meaning the author must have read the whole series and apparently retained none of it. Lol I'm not sure if Amazon put it up to sell more pre-orders... that makes sense but it seems like if they were trying so hard to sell us on it they would remove all the spelling and grammar errors. I think it was just written by a idiot, or maybe by someone at Amazon who watched Game of Thrones, read the backs of the other books, and made up their own ending.

What about a Christmas special? Hot Pie and Wyman Manderly set up a bakery in "Pies of Winter".

Haha yeah... Goat pies.

If that is actually what happens in TWOW (and I don't think it is), then I would seriously be pissed. Because Dany always talks about how she needs to fight the Others in order to repair the realm. The Others have nothing to do with her at the moment, though they might in the future. I just can't handle another book half focused on her again. That almost killed ADWD for me.

I think ADOS will be like that even though some details sound like fanfic. Dany winning the Iron Throne, the Lannisters and Starks at each others' throats, the Wall falling etc all sound like plausible TWOW stuff. The book summaries always sound worse than Martin's own prose.

Definitely sounds made-up to me.

Some parts are reasonably plausible (such as the Wall being broken earily on), but I don't see Dany even getting to Westeros until a good 3rd way through the book, and that's if she moves across Essos at an almost unreasonably fast pace. Taking the Iron throne is a whole different matter, and that could maybe happen halfway through the book if she arrives near/in King's Landing.

:bowdown: Thank the Seven! The old gods and R'hllor! Amazon has answered all us fans' prayers and extracted the entire plot of tWoW before GRRM even set pen to paper! The NW FINALLY discover that the Wall was built over faulty ground, and a massive earthquake swallows the Wall completely, and then Jon/Ghost team up with Tyrion to hunt and snuff out grumkins once and for all! And Dany, deciding to screw Meereen, teleports her and her dragons to King's Landing and dazzling the men of Westeros with her beauty is able to seize power immediately. Then, Daenerys is able to sit every House down together and get through their differences, ambitions etc in one tearful, ASOIF Opera episode where the Boltons decide to hang themselves for being a-holes and Wyman Manderly and Hot Pie lay out the blueprints of their new pie shop. Illyrio is forced to go on a diet, and using some ancient magic of the North Bran gets his legs back. And Dany, Jon, Sansa, Arya, Rickon and Bran live the rest of their lives in Targ/Stark bliss. :cool4:

Yeesh. I won't be surprised if GRRM bribed this poor Amazon intern to write this as a prank to all his fans.

jon rr stark--if GRRM died and came back as Un-GRRM, then he can probably finish the rest of the series in a month, and we'll be getting our books by 2013!!! :drunk:

Or unless he pulls an UnCat and goes batshit insane intent on killing us fans urging him to write faster... :eek:

I'm not that familiar with Amazon's ability to foresee what's coming, but that could be an interesting plot for book 7, though I sincerely doubt Martin would write any book based mostly on one character, and wouldn't wish that either. And that seems too poor a storyline for our GRRM anyway...

Archived