Former Penn State Football Coach Sexual Abuse Coverup

kairparavel

professor x is never going to win a nobel prize. the nobel laureate is not at all ready to let an omega level mutant win something of that importance. truly i understand your outrage at such a notable academic leader like charles xavier not winning a nobel prize, but this just not the thread for it. we have gone into a whole different territory here.

The only prize I could see him even be a candidate for would be the Peace Prize.

I thought this was a very powerful article. Can't even imagine how hard it was for him to share that.

That is a very powerful article. I do think he brings up a good point about making people like Sandusky a monster, it's so easy to do and yet probably not helpful. What Sandusky did was monsterous, but if we look for monsters we over look men who do evil things. I just fills me with such a since of hopelessness that so many children have had to go through this.

I do think the article throws into pretty harsh light why you need to limit the number of victims are soon as you can. Even the author, who has done amazing things with his life still isn't past this very traumatic thing that happened to him. It is just so tremendously sad, and frustrating that people allowed Sandusky to do this to so many children.

Victim One, the first known alleged victim of abuse by former Penn State coach Jerry Sandusky, had to leave his school in the middle of his senior year because of bullying, his counselor said Sunday.

Officials at Central Mountain High School in Clinton County weren’t providing guidance for fellow students, who were reacting badly about Joe Paterno’s firing and blaming the 17-year-old, said Mike Gillum, the psychologist helping his family. Those officials were unavailable for comment this weekend.

The name-calling and verbal threats were just too much, he said.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/alleged_jerry_sandusky_victim.html

Really? The highschool students' response to finding out that one of their classmates was sexually abused by Sandusky is to bully him because that scandal has shed light on Paterno's complacency? Good fucking lord.

This whole incident just refuses to stop dragging out the worst in people, doesn't it?

In an interview with Good Morning America, Joe Amendola, the attorney representing former Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky, said that Sandusky's accusers were "pampered" after being "labeled as victims" by the legal system, and that one's accusations were the result of tough love from Sandusky as a mentor.

So THAT'S what they're calling ass rape these days. Silly me.

Archived