A Thread for Small Questions for ADWD III

Xray the Enforcer

Do you guys believe that it was Roose Bolton who killed Robb, after saying "Jaime Lannister Sends his regards". I ask because a lot of people seem to think so, but I do not.

I believe it was Steelshanks Walton, and I will tell you why.

Steelshanks was incharge of taking Jaime Kinglanding, from Harrenhall. When Steelshanks leaves Kinglanding, Jaime says "give Robb Stark my regards". So it makes sense that Steelshanks would say this as he is killing Robb. I think it makes more sense if it was Steelshanks, unless you believe Steelshanks told Roose what Jaime said, and Roose said it to Robb. I personally believe that saying something like that would be completely out of character for Roose Bolton. Roose Bolton would have said something pertaining to the Boltons, if he said anything at all. Why would Roose want them to hear Jaime's regards, that kind of makes it seem like it was Jaime's plan and doing(thus Lady Stoneheart blaming Jaime after she is resurrected). I just feel that it would be out of character for Roose, and had it been him there he wouldn't have said something that imply's credit to someone else. Again if Roose would say anything at all. I don't think it would have been that, what do you guys think?

I reckon Bolton was alluding to Jamie's being a kingslayer - now Roosevelt is killing his king too...

Is it confirmed absolutely by GRRM or any of the characters that Azor Ahai and the Prince that was Promised are one and the same thing?

No, it hasn't been confirmed or disputed yet. Some (characters and readers both, I suppose) believe they are one and the same, others don't.

Did Coldhands feed Bran and co. human flesh? After they arrived in the abandoned village, Bran slips into Summer. He smells wolves, men and the elk. But not anything else. He also notices that the humans the wolves are eating have been butchered. When he gets back into his own body Coldhands is back and Meera states he found a "sow". Bran is mortified by this and calls Cod hands a monster. On my first read I thought this was because he killed his former brothers, but after reading through the book and seeing all the nods to cannibalism, I think something else has happened. Pork has been used as a cover for human flesh before, so I don't think I'm entirely off base.

Did Coldhands feed Bran and co. human flesh? After they arrived in the abandoned village, Bran slips into Summer. He smells wolves, men and the elk. But not anything else. He also notices that the humans the wolves are eating have been butchered. When he gets back into his own body Coldhands is back and Meera states he found a "sow". Bran is mortified by this and calls Cod hands a monster. On my first read I thought this was because he killed his former brothers, but after reading through the book and seeing all the nods to cannibalism, I think something else has happened. Pork has been used as a cover for human flesh before, so I don't think I'm entirely off base.

That's an interesting idea, I don't think there's any way to know if you are right yet. But imagine that, if all the Starks end up eating human flesh at some point, could that have a magical purpose?

Is it possible that Jon Snow has swelled the ranks of gay/ bisexual characters in asoiaf. Tormund Giantsbane tells Jon that "Alfyn's member was a wee thing, even smaller than yours." How could he possibly know, unless he and Jon have been bumping uglies?

Could Jon's small member also account for his ambition to own a mammoth mount?

Is it possible that Jon Snow has swelled the ranks of gay/ bisexual characters in asoiaf. Tormund Giantsbane tells Jon that "Alfyn's member was a wee thing, even smaller than yours." How could he possibly know, unless he and Jon have been bumping uglies?

Could Jon's small member also account for his ambition to own a mammoth mount?

It seems much more likely that Thormund was just emptily teasing Jon, like he does. Telling everyone about the Brobdingnagian dimensions of his own member and belittling everyone else's seems to be his favourite topic of conversation anyways, and it's part of the jolliness that he's always half joking. Even if he'd have seen Jon's stuff while he was taking a leak or whatever, I doubt his comments could give us any real estimate about Jon's measurements.

It seems much more likely that Thormund was just emptily teasing Jon, like he does. Telling everyone about the Brobdingnagian dimensions of his own member and belittling everyone else's seems to be his favourite topic of conversation anyways, and it's part of the jolliness that he's always half joking. Even if he'd have seen Jon's stuff while he was taking a leak or whatever, I doubt his comments could give us any real estimate about Jon's measurements.

Agreed. Martin is a great writer, but I sincerely doubt that he intended multiple meanings for every single conversation in these books.

I have been reading the hersey threads and I came across something I did not quite get. Are Mance and Craster brothers? Who are there parents? I remember reading that Craster was fathered by a man in the Watch or was that Mance...

Craster is supposedly the child of a Brother and a Wildling, and Mance was captured as a baby from Wildlings during a ranging. Whether they are brothers is not revealed in the books, but they have a long-standing animosity towards each other.

Archived