Sandor Clegane v.8... his awesomeness can't be contained in 7 threads.

Leigh of Oldstones

The question is what did he do with the other 30000 that he'd won! That is a lot of money to get through.

Didn't he win 100,000 dragons total? I assume he bought Stranger, maybe a nice new set of armor, and then went hog-wild on the whoring and alcoholism.

Didn't he win 100,000 dragons total? I assume he bought Stranger, maybe a nice new set of armor, and then went hog-wild on the whoring and alcoholism.

And the gambling....don't forget the gambling.

It is possible he couldn't carry all the money or some of it was stashed elsewhere and he couldn't get to it.

Yeah, I think 40,000 gold dragons would be really damn heavy. BUT surely he put the rest somewhere for safekeeping?

Back to his master of disguise skillz, what I really want to know is: how does he know how to drive an oxcart? I don't think it's as simple as flicking a whip. I was on a wagon train once and the guys that drove the wagons let everyone sit up there for a bit to learn how to do it, and it's not easy! Mules are smart though.

I can't remember what was pulling that wagon that Sandor and Arya had. Was it oxen? Or mules? Or horses? Donkeys?

And the gambling....don't forget the gambling.

Gambling is evil... just ask Dolly Madison. :crying:

The champion's prize was 40,000

Okay, then I was super confused. I'll need to reread -- for some reason, I was thinking that it was 100,000 to the winner and Anguy got 40,000, etc.

Gambling is evil... just ask Dolly Madison. :crying:

Okay, then I was super confused. I'll need to reread -- for some reason, I was thinking that it was 100,000 to the winner and Anguy got 40,000, etc.

Nah - the total amount for the tourney was 90,000 - 40 to the champion (Sandor), 20 to second place (Loras), 20 to the melee victor (Thoros), and 10 to the archery champion (Anguy)

Yeah, I think 40,000 gold dragons would be really damn heavy. BUT surely he put the rest somewhere for safekeeping?

Back to his master of disguise skillz, what I really want to know is: how does he know how to drive an oxcart? I don't think it's as simple as flicking a whip. I was on a wagon train once and the guys that drove the wagons let everyone sit up there for a bit to learn how to do it, and it's not easy! Mules are smart though.

I can't remember what was pulling that wagon that Sandor and Arya had. Was it oxen? Or mules? Or horses? Donkeys?

aSoS Arya X:

A farmer chance-met on the kingsroad had provided them with wayn, horses, garb and casks, though not villingly.

It was horses. And learning to drive is probably included in Squiring 1.01, along with such other usefull tasks as scouring chainmail and how to wash Sers dirty smallclothes ;)

Nah - the total amount for the tourney was 90,000 - 40 to the champion (Sandor), 20 to second place (Loras), 20 to the melee victor (Thoros), and 10 to the archery champion (Anguy)

Thanks -- that's what I'm remembering wrong. I was thinking and trying to remember the small council conversation about it.

You can lose 30,000 golden dragons quite quickly if you're a gambler and a drunkard. The more you drink, the luckier you feel. All reasons why Sandor actually wouldn't be all that sexy if you met him in the flesh. :lol:

Archived