The Red Wedding So Tragic, Another Stark!

Lady Godiva

I read the Red Wedding the night before last and now just reading when Jamie has arrived and happy homecoming with the sister/incestuous lover around their son's corpse.

Keep it in the family lol.

Well, the Red Wedding seriously made me sad and wanting to pick up a sword myself.

So basically, the whole time Cat had been saying "bread, water salt" and we will be safe by the rule of hospitality.

Well, they ate, they danced, and they died.

Now, I know how rumors get started in this book, I am really hoping they didn't cut off his head like the villagers said and put the wolf's there instead and a crown.

I love GRRM but come on, give the Starks a break!

He killed the parent and one kid. Such guys always die in Fantasy. Pick a serie at random, find the hidden heir/family of heroes that didn't lose parents, standing, power and some sibling, if they have any.

He killed the parent and one kid. Such guys always die in Fantasy. Pick a serie at random, find the hidden heir/family of heroes that didn't lose parents, standing, power and some sibling, if they have any.

Plus Rickard, Brandon, Lyanna, Benjen (maybe). And im aware of the destroy the family so they can rise up again motif. The starks are probably the most liked because we feel the sorriest for them.

Basically all GRMM's books end with the protagonists mostly dead. Back in the 90's, I thought this series was partly about the death of all the notoriously hard to kill Starks. I thought they all were going to die. Jojen Reed foresaw that the wolves will return. Thank god, or GRMM rather. Since Jojen's greendreams seem to usually work out, at least a few Starks will live. Unless of course GRMM kills them all after the survivors return to Winterfell.

Eddard - the father and first person most of us really loved was killed off at his prime.

Robb - the next in line, becoming King of the North and who we practically all end up loving because of his awesome fighting etc, killed off when things seemed to start to go well for him again.

Catelyn - the mother who, when it seems is about to be reunited with one of her daughters, is slain and now will most likely not be able to live a normal life with her daughters given her current state.

Jon - ppl who've read up to the end of ADWD will know about him, won't spoil it for the rest.

Arya - was about to be reunited with her family but doesn't.

Bran - Is crippled.

Rickon - young and miles away from and of his family members.

Sansa - Been through the wars since the beginning of the series.

So yeah, not much good has happened to our favourite family.

I was an idiot and read into the Red Wedding(in the wiki) when I started reading GoT (after I watched the TV series)

So I just read the Red Wedding in the book and even though I knew what was going to happen, it was still brutal to see the scene unfolding.

I really do hope though, that Robb made that letter that would name Jon Snow as the heir to Winterfell, maybe by the end of the series, Jon Snow will rule Winterfell and have revenge on the enemies of his house.

The Red Wedding is a perfect example of how much this series relies on unadulterated tension. When I was passing the series along to my circle of friends it was hard but totally worth it to keep them in the dark. My girlfriend is only 200 pages away and in a sick kind of way I can't wait to hear her reaction.

Oh, gods! The Red Wedding! I already knew that Cat and Robb are going to die and it was easy to realize that that was going to be the occasion, but it still struck me. I was shaking. I left the book and I couldn't stop thinking about it for two days! It was so brutal and so tragic! I believe Cat is the most tragic character in the series so far... I mean, she is resurrected to become a monster after dying like that...

The Red Wedding was a brilliantly written chapter, personally I didn't see it coming. I was in a state of shock after reading that, it did cross my mind to stop reading the book at that point but obviously you can't.

Just an emotive piece of writing that if you don't see coming is a big shock and pretty devastating but I guess a little justice gets served at the end of ASoS

Archived