The Red Wedding So Tragic, Another Stark!

Lady Godiva

Yeah, you can just feel that something is wrong when reading those chapters...

I know, i found myself shouting at the book, telling Robb to listen to his sodding wolf and stop being such a naive fool! It was brutally done though, i wasn't expecting such despicable betrayal, more like a Bolton / Fray ambush on the causeway to Moat.

I know what you mean! What the Freys did felt so low and it felt like a horrible death for Rob (being that he was the King in the North). But what made it even harder was to look at it from Catelyn's eyes who believed she had lost Bran and Rickon, too... :(

The Red Wedding is a perfect example of how much this series relies on unadulterated tension. When I was passing the series along to my circle of friends it was hard but totally worth it to keep them in the dark. My girlfriend is only 200 pages away and in a sick kind of way I can't wait to hear her reaction.

Haha, I'm with you - my best friend is just finishing book 2 and I cannot wait for her to start reading book 3 so I can see her react to the wedding, and also the shocking ending of the book.

Archived