#OccupyWinterfell

richardya

The books don't really make much sense regarding the fate of Winterfell after it's sacking. It should have gone back to a normal routine with some rebuilding. A cousin or someone should have taken over. The people didn't all move away, every building was not knocked down. I am sure Winterfell will return to the story but for now, the way it is an empty ruler-less castle/town, makes no sense.

Winterfell was razed, and not fit for human habitation. Plus there are not Stark cousins, as one of Ned's brothers is dead, and the other in the Night Watch. On top of that, the war and the invasion by the Ironborn made the north pretty chaotic.

But there is more info about the north and Winterfell in DwD.

When stannis had offered to make Jon a Stark, and lord of Winterfell, I had hoped Jon would take it and rebuild it and become the new King in the North and finish his brothers war. But instead hes lord of the wall, and it makes me sad Winterfell is a dead city now, but it has been standing for centuries and is in a way the capital of the North im sure GRRM will do something with it.

Archived