Robb's words [Spoiler in thread]

OldValyria

I just read the Red Wedding and like so many others I'm sad and angry about it. -.-

Catelyn died tinking that all her children are gone...how cruel is that?

Anyways, I was wondering about the meaning of Robb's last words.."Grey Wind" I mean I know that he loved the wolf and everything but the words just seemed so out of the blue...

There's probably a bazillion theories floating around involving things like "warg" .. but I'm goin for easiest explanation ever

"Grey Wind was right to be trying to bite everyone when we first arrived!!! Why did I just send him away and am now gettin killed? Dammit, I shoulda kept him with me... he always bit anyone even looking at me funny!"

At the first read I thought it was like Chise says: regrets.

Robb thought about the fear and un-ease Grey Wolf showed, that he should have picked up that signals. Robb would be pretty sure that his direwolf would be killed as well.

I'm not sure who was attacked and died first: Robb in the great hall or Grey Wind at the court yard(?) where he was chained up and killed by archers.

Maybe what is implied here has something to do about the close bond that is implied between the Starks and their direwolfs

- Robb felt that his wolf was attacked / dead and reached out for him, not in a warging kind of way but at another telepathic level;

- Grey Wind felt that his master was in grave danger, reached out for Robb and Robb answered that call.

• 2 weeks later...

Good theories around. I have no way of knowing which one is more accurate, so I will just say that it is a confirmation that, while we have no Robb POV chapter to know if he is a warger or has wolf dreams, we know at the very least that Robb cares a lot about Grey Wind, enough so to think of him when he knows to be dying.

Maybe he even warged into Grey Wind. I just don't know.

There's probably a bazillion theories floating around involving things like "warg" .. but I'm goin for easiest explanation ever

"Grey Wind was right to be trying to bite everyone when we first arrived!!! Why did I just send him away and am now gettin killed? Dammit, I shoulda kept him with me... he always bit anyone even looking at me funny!"

I agree with this Robbs last words were words of regret, but also maybe a final hope that perhaps Grey Wind could hear him and come help him.

Really if you look at the Stark children almost all of them have had wolf dreams now, so they all have a little warg in them. I think that just illustates what Jon Snow meant when he said that the Stark children were meant to have these wolves.

Yes, but it didn't help Robb in the end though...or Sansa.....or Arya...yet anyway......the others are still in with a chance though!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived