Your thoughts on the music?

Donnycarko

What is your opinion of the music of this show? I was skeptical beforehand of Ramin Djawadi based on his previous work but a lot of the tracks on Season 1 were wonderful. Others, more bland than bad. I particularly love the theme tune which accompanies possibly my favorite credits sequence on television.

Also a question regarding Season 2, do we know if Djawadi remains composer?

I've listened to the pieces for a bit of background noise as well as put them into my Oblivion folder. I think the soundtrack is really great because it takes such a different approach from the usual fantasy and the Nordic tone really makes it a lot darker. It's the onnly television soundtrack I've ever cared for, I can tell you that much.

Small Pack of Wolves, King's Arrival, Fire and Blood, and of course the Theme are my personal favorites.

The soundtrack is really great, and I put a lot of weight on music in any show. First I heard the main theme I got goosebumps and just knew this was going to be a very great experience.

My favourite next to the main theme is "Goodbye brother". I love it...

I love the strings, it's such a beautiful mix of different cultural expressions, with the perfectly tuned melancholy typical of the folk music from where I live. And "King of the North" is a variation on the same theme as are many of the other tracks.

Given that Ramin Djawadi had to compose the entire score for all the episodes with a very limited amount of time, after it was decided to change the first selected composer, I would rate quite high the music for the first season. And I truly believe he'll du much better for the second season, with more time and with the oportunity to go deeper into the material.

The opening theme is, hands down, my new favourite theme on television. Whenever I hear it, I am instantly transported into the series; it truly sets the tone for the show. The beauty and intensity of it gave me goosebumps the first time I heard it and every time afterward. It is chillingly good.

As for the rest of the music, they don't stand out as much to me as the theme, likely because they weren't as focused as the main theme. I will have to get the soundtrack - suppose I now have the first item on my Christmas list this year.

I think the music from the show was amazing and Ramin did a great job. My favourite pieve from the Shows soundtrack is Goodbye Brother.

Here is an amazing version of the opening title

Given that Ramin Djawadi had to compose the entire score for all the episodes with a very limited amount of time, after it was decided to change the first selected composer, I would rate quite high the music for the first season. And I truly believe he'll du much better for the second season, with more time and with the oportunity to go deeper into the material.

Even Better! The first season soundtrack was already awesome, I can't wait for the next one!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really hoping for some more setting-themed tracks; Djawadi did a fantastic job differentiating between KL, the North, and the Wall, but I can't bring up any of the Dothraki music in my head at all. I can remember what was playing when Robert arrived in Winterfell, when Cersei explain "the game of thrones" and when Jon says his vows at the heart tree, but nothing for Dany's heart-snack or Drogo ripping a motherfucker's throat out.

I really hope that Qarth doesn't turn into a faux-Chinese soundbyte built out of diminished chords and up-tuned violins. Stannis deserves his own theme, Melisandre certainly needs at least one or two tracks dedicated to demonstrating the different aspects of her religion, and I'd be disappointed if they didn't preview a 'Wildling' motif with Craster and expand it to Rattleshirt and beyond.

• 5 weeks later...

The opening theme is fantastic and sets the tone of the show perfectly. It actually gives me chills sometimes.

The rest of the soundtrack is more atmospheric in my opinion, not something I would necessarily listen to on its own like I would with LotR. However, it's very well done in terms of establishing mood for the varying settings. I really wish that it was fully orchestrated rather than synthesized but that's not realistic for a TV show.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived