Hostel Booked: Eurocommie meeting 4th-8th May

For those who are interested, and especially for those who aren't, yes, that meant 'While The Secret Service Takes Pictures'.

This will be my Nr 1 point on the 3-things-you-didn't know-before list.

It would be so hawt if our avatars got together!!

The mere thought of how the kids would look like hurts my cheesy brain, though...

Regarding my chances of attending this gathering: some good news and some bad news.

Bad news is that I have a commitment on the Saturday. My uncle died a few weeks ago and I've just found out his memorial service/garden party thingy is to be held in Cambridge on Saturday 6th May.

Good news is that I'll need to come down to London in order to accompany my mother to said event, and given the reason I should be able to get some time off work. Therefore I should be able to get to one or more daytime BwB activities on 5th, 7th or 8th May.

I was going to say the same as Zak, so I will be unoriginal and not even type it again.

I suppose we should be good at cheering you up :) Remind me to buy you a beer or something. Or maybe you would like a 'mad as cheese' shirt too? ;)

No worries, people. I wasn't really close to him, and I've had a few weeks to recover. Thank you for thinking of me. But really, you can return to making an erotic montage with your avatars now... :P

Folks,

I mentioned to Jamie Sims (artist extraordinaire for Testors [and now for FFG, too] who hung out with the BwB at Interaction) that this gathering was happening, and he's keen on trying to drop by for the fun.

Could someone in the know about all the plans and arrangements give me a holler? I'll give you his e-mail address so you can contact him directly and discuss it. :)

Tickets booked. Arriving Friday afternoon to Stansted. If someone else is arriving at the same time, we WILL have some kind of meetup on the airport, won't we?

*has never been to London and is a little jittery*

Maid Sansa,

Even if no one arrives at the same time, it is a tiny airport on which you cannot get lost. There is a good train connection (Stansted Express) for which you can buy tickets at a stand immediately opposite of where you go through customs. Buy a return ticket, it is cheaper. :P

The train terminates at Liverpool Street iirc. There should be some BwB-ers sober enough to assist you from there, me thinks. (Sean probably) :P

Thanks, Zollo. I just realized I'm probably arriving at an extremely bad time... I mean, how many of you are still going to be anything resembling sober on a Friday at 18.30? :) I'll have to work hard to catch up...

Btw, for those that are using Ryanair to get to Stansted, the cheapest tickets for the Stansted Express can only be bought on-line or apparently on the flight itself. Its almost £20 return, so its worth bearing in mind when choosing the airport to fly into.

And Maid...its best to keep these people permanently drunk. They are nicer that way. :P

Edited to add: It suddenly crossed my mind that you might not have to fly with Ryanair to book the train tickets on its website. Somebody else can experiment with that though, since i'm not flying to Stansted.

Archived