Hostel Booked: Eurocommie meeting 4th-8th May

Stansted's pretty straightforward

Get the Standsted Express to Tottenham Hale, get on the Victoria Line at TH, then change onto Northern Line at first chance (probably Euston or King's Cross) then stay on Northern Line until London Bridge and then get off and call one of us (I volunteer Sean)

:o that's straightforward?

by London standards :P

Anyway, you can't come, you'll be in quarantine. We're not even allowing Fifers over the bridge into town :P

I will uncross my toes now Cerys. Great to hear! :)

The first step from Stansted is pretty straightforward at least...you just get the Stansted Express (there will be signs) into London. There is only 2 stops IIRC, Tottenham Hale or Liverpool St. So if GoN is going to meet Maid Sansa at either of those...it should be a doddle. :P

And remember that the cheapest fares on the Stansted Express are bookable online or on the flight itself.

MS, its pretty much as Pod and Ser V said. Just hop on the Stanstead express and get off at either Tottenham hale or Liverpool Street (Liverpool st is closer to the hostel and IMHO easier, but may be more expensive as its the last stop) and then buy a travelcard and head for the northern line (Victoria line to Kings cross from Tottenham hale and Hammersmith and city or Circle or Metropolitan lines from Liverpool st to Moorgate). Once on the Northern line, head for London Bridge station and its about 100 yards from there (I think you turn left/away from the thames, but I was a wee bit dreunk :P).

I am more than happy to meet anyone one at any stage of your journey once you arrive in London (myself and Barry have free travel on the underground so it would make sense if it was one of us).

Also, soon you should all have either mine or Chal's number (probably both) so don't hesitate to call if you need help.

Go to Liverpool St and catch the Circle Line to Custom House.

Trust a Kiwi to over-complicate things!

Sorry, I just have a completely irrational dislike of both Liverpool St Station and the Circle Line. Don’t really understand it myself, but there you

Lyanna, I'll be arriving at Stanstead at 10:15 if everything goes well. I can stick around waiting for you if you want company.

Of course today the pilot had to make two runs befor he managed to land at Stanstead. The excuse for failing the first time was apparently that the people in the tower at Stanstead was busy chatting on the internet.

Of course today the pilot had to make two runs befor he managed to land at Stanstead. The excuse for failing the first time was apparently that the people in the tower at Stanstead was busy chatting on the internet.

I've literally never arrived on time when flying into Stansted (or when flying from Stansted, for that matter). It is nice to finally know why...

I just re-booked my tickets, so it seems I'll be arriving around mid day Thursday after taking the red eye. Now I just need to find a way back. It's sounding more and more like I'll need my ruck rather than suitcase.

Oh, and cheers, Cerys. I knew you wouldn't miss it. ;)

Right, I've now booked my train tickets, and I'll be arriving at Euston at 12:30 on the Thursday.

I'm arriving on the Thursday night but since I'm staying with my mother I won't meet with you people until Friday. I'll take my mobile phone with the numbers on it and make contact that way, if there's no definite plans/meeting places for Friday by then.

I'll also be up for any events happening on the Sunday.

*does a little dance*

Sophie

*does a wee shake of the hips to keep Soph company*

Right, I'm booked. Arriving at Gatwick at 6.40pm on Friday, so about 30 minutes on the Thameslink to London Bridge to meet you guys

w00t!, as I believe the young folk say these days

around til about midday on the Monday

Archived