First Look at Game of Thrones S2

Westeros

I was so happy when I watched this small trailer/teaser

I've always been a big fan of Stephen Dillane, so I'm eager to see him in Stannis, and he seems very good.

The other character I wanted to see was Davos, and it 's a very good choice of actor.

About Natalie Dormer, she was oustanding in The Tudors, and I'm sure she will be excellent in Margaery, but I'm quite afraid she is too old for the part.

And Renly seems more adult with his beard

I guess we really shouldn't complain about Margery, since all the characters have been aged up to some extent, but Dormer marrying Tommen is going to be all kinds of weird.

It was pretty weird in the book as well, but you're right. It's probably going to be even weirder for the show. Do we know if Tommen was aged up any? Has his age been stated on the show?

I guess we really shouldn't complain about Margery, since all the characters have been aged up to some extent, but Dormer marrying Tommen is going to be all kinds of weird.

What about she kissing Jack Glesson? :D

ETA:

Well atleast it's not going to be so weird with Joffrey considering the actor who plays him it's 20 or something.

I think he's 18.. but he looks way younger in the show. It's going to be incredibly weird

I'll be disappointed if they turn Margaery into a schemer. Frankly, the show has more than enough scheming and backstabbing characters that in my opinion they don't need to turn Margaery into one. Margaery from the books is pretty bland to me, so maybe they're trying to make her more interesting, but I don't really think it's necessary. She's really more of plot device anyway, and I know for a show it doesn't make sense to hire an actress only for small scene, but I'd have preferred it if they just kept her sole appearance as it was in the book. Ten episodes is not a lot of time to cover ACOK; the more focus on Margaery, the less there can be for Arya, Sansa, Bran etc. Of course, this is all just speculation.

That's not a Margaery issue, that's a Renly story arc as a whole issue. In ACoK most of what happens with Renly & co takes place off stage. But if the series basically only gaves us Renly via Catelyn scenes (i.e. as in the book) then I don't think the non-reader TV audience would accept it. Thus there will be whole new scenes, drawn from what we know, or suspect, happens from the books. But doing this therefore means cramming actual from the book scenes into even fewer hours, which means a lot fewer from the book scenes. And lets not forget all those minutes we need to spend with Ros and her expository vagina.

10 hours was barely tolerable for GoT, I feel like the 10 hour limit could end up breaking aCoK. And yet, add merely 400 or so pages with ASoS and you've got people wanting that to be shown across 20 hrs. I hope they push some stuff not happening around King's Landing into a 2-season ASoS adaptation. Perhaps the Winterfell story line ends a tad sooner this season than it does in the book. I can't see them shortening Dany's story or Jon's, as there's not much to end them on other than their respective final chapters in aCoK.

Maybe they've eliminated the uncle part and its just an unnamed priest of the Drowned God that meets him?

Apparently it is indeed an un-named priest. They can cast Damphair in a later season if they wish. For one scene this season, they probably thought it was easier to use a random priest.

Archived