What would you do if you got dropped into the 7 kingdoms?

Defengar

pffft, if I'm landing in THAT area...or anywhere near Harrenhall when Bolton is in residence.. The swiss knife is being used to open up my own veins

The more I'm thinking of this, the more there's gotta be a way to scam this up. Seriously... us lil 2000s peeps have mostly good and white~ish teeth, can read (always a useful skill), delicate lil hands (relatively speaking of course, but its still a sign of being high~er born) .. and my multi-colored hair must convince someone I'm from FreeCities and must be important!! To like.. feed and loan silver to

I like your thinking, you could pose as another Targ pretender (depending on the colour of your hair)? I say do this scam in Westeros then run like hell to Essos and live like a royalty in a mansion somewhere..That is of course assuming that the good people of Westeros open their vallets for the cause, which I see no reason to why they shouldnt..

@Zmeischa - ну ладно, прониклись

Actually I've had all my immunizations recently, and after 2 cases if "holy fuck I'm gonna die!" food poisoning... am pretty set for life to never get that again (my stomach pretty much is made of lead now)

Eating without a fork isn't rocket science, and I dun plan on drinking water w/out boiling the hell outta it first.

As for writing - u got me there, but lets pretend it looks pretty like it does in HBO episode, yeah? As for writing - the person put phone into challenge. I'll type as last resort =P

@Grip - the icon, thats it with the streaks of blond/green/blue. Maybe some Ironborn could be convinced its the whole Drowned God business? (seriously this color is frellin seaweed when washing out)

As for writing - u got me there, but lets pretend it looks pretty like it does in HBO episode, yeah? As for writing - the person put phone into challenge. I'll type as last resort =P

And get burned as an evil spirit, way to go :). The only reasonable way of surviving Westeros, as a see it, is to be sold ASAP to some lord, as a jester. A person who has no valuable skills whatsoever, who cannot even put on clothes without help (trust me), but who can talk a lot of amusing nonsense, must make a good fool. But nothing else.

The picturing of this scenario has made me laugh out loud ridiculously... Imagine the thoughts of the first people you come across in your 21st century clothing, tiny wrist watch, and "witchcraft" gadget... lol, anyway before i answer i have a single question to ask. Are we aware that we entered the book and are aware of the character plots and so forth? or just completely oblivious to the entire thing, just dropped into the 7 kingdoms with no knowledge of anything or than its not our time period?

Whichever you want. Hell, you might even have the whole series on your smart phone...

Well, If it was before winds of winter I could use my meticulous knowledge of the series to become a seer/fortune teller, and hopefully take up residence with some lord. If not, I'd go north to join the watch and try not to die along the way

First off, bury all of my modern artifacts or otherwise dispose of them.

Eat the chocolate becuase at that point I would need it.

See if I could salvage what clothes I had and make something remotely that-period wearable out of them. If not, get rid of them, go naked, and possibly cover body in mud/leaves so that I could be all camo.

Sneak through the forest until I find a village. Hide in the foliage waiting for an opportunity. When able to, go "secure" some clothes.

Continue towards the next major town. Find an inn. Sell a sob story about how my father, a knight (no one would believe you're a lord's daughter, but a knight, perhaps) and I were traveling on the road when he was slain by some outlaws, and I managed to run away. Convince someone to give me some assistance (I would figure out a way, I find I can be......persuasive).

Find a way to accrue some money or safe transport, and head off to Dorne. I'm agreeing with another poster in that it'd be more likely I could find work there.

And IDK, just work and do the best I could, really, to have a normal life.

remember,a swiss army knife, considering the quality of the steel, the handiness of the gadgets, and the fact there is nothing even remotely like it in the books, would be incredibly handy, and would probably fetch several gold dragons.

I wouldn't want to explain it. The less complicated the lie, the better.

Try to get through coffee withdrwal.

I'd use the phone to claim I'm a wizard or seer or whatever.

At the first opportunity I'd try to get myself to Braavos or the Summer islands. People there seem to be marginally saner, though that may be because we haven't read about them enough.

Avoid getting drafted at all costs.

If my initial plan was succesful, that of finding clothes and generally keeping a low profile, I would probably try and find my way either east or north. I am thinking that I would go for some place like Tarth, or even Sisterton, or for the Vale of Arryn. There would of course be dangers, in all likelihood I would probably somehow perish on the way. Traveling to an island has its dangers, I can just imagine how greensick I would be. There is of course the dangers of pirate aswell, and storms. Going to the Vale, if by land, would mean going through the mountains were some kin of Shagga might chop me up and feed me to the goats..

Still I am thinking of going somewhere remote and as yet not really touched by the war, hoping that I would learn to adept to my new circumstances..

Wait why does everyone think this is going to be a bad thing. Even basic high school education will make you level with a dum maester. You are literate, you have a least a basic grasp of science and you should be clever enough to avoid anyone who is likely to kill you. For me with my extensive knowledge of science i could build some basic bombs or some other commodity that has not yet been invented. Even being able to read and write would set you apart from the peasents.

I reckon within several years i would be in a fairly reasonable position. Although the only thing I would lack the one thing that commands respect in westeros......skill at arms

well I've got the whole series on my phone so I guess I could set up as some sort of seer.

The only problem with that though is there's a lot of bad news, and you know what they say about shooting the messenger.

Wait why does everyone think this is going to be a bad thing. Even basic high school education will make you level with a dum maester. You are literate, you have a least a basic grasp of science and you should be clever enough to avoid anyone who is likely to kill you. For me with my extensive knowledge of science i could build some basic bombs or some other commodity that has not yet been invented. Even being able to read and write would set you apart from the peasents.

I reckon within several years i would be in a fairly reasonable position. Although the only thing I would lack the one thing that commands respect in westeros......skill at arms

What about warcraft? Ravencraft? Knowledge of magic? Of alchemy? Of healing, with the instruments at hand? I dont think a high school education prepares you for how to handle these things..And avoiding those who would harm you..Surely the people of Westeros must be more used to these kind of troubles than you and me? And still they suffer. Besides you also dont adress the fact that those doing the killing, reavers/scouts/bandits etc, are good at what they do. Sure you can try and keep out of harms way but I dont see how us being "clever" would somehow save us, imo much of it comes down to luck. And in certain ways we are at a disadvantage compared to those of Westeros (not all of course). Such as at skill at arms, as you say.

Dropped in Westeros?Forge a Northern Alliance made of Asha's Ironborn,Mountain Clans,Wildlings,Night's Watchmen and White Walkers(ESPECIALLY WHITE WALKERS) and proclaim myself King in the North.Then,I would plunder south as much as I can to hire a Faceless Man and kill Dany.

Archived