The Martells

Knepah

On a somehow relevant note, do you think they'll go for British actors still? In the past, the show has gravitated towards actors with a natural English accent. Come to think of it, their casting calls may be affected by the accent they decide to give to Dorne.

I don't know why, but for whatever reason, when I first read the books I decided that Dornishmen should have Australian accents (tbf, at this point the only Dornishman introduced was Timeon from the Brave Companions). It made Oberyn of Martell a little different... Ironborn with Irish accents was another one I had to drop.

Nope. He wasn't so much saying Hayek would fit this role, but rather that he thought some of her features (or one particular feature) fit how he imagined a character. But it's a character that actually looks pretty much nothing like Hayek.

Nope. He wasn't so much saying Hayek would fit this role, but rather that he thought some of her features (or one particular feature) fit how he imagined a character. But it's a character that actually looks pretty much nothing like Hayek.

Ha! Wonder which part. I'm still sticking with her, (see link below), as my vision of what Arienne looks like. She could never BE her, I mean, I doubt she can act...but she is how I picture Arienne.

Nicole Scherzinger - Jai Ho!

http://wallpapersonline.org/data/media/26/Volumes_ALPHACOS_Nicole_Scherzinger_Nicolepcd_15.jpg

Cersei ?

Melisandre ?

Daenerys?

I tend to think their culture is meant to be a Spanish/French hybrid with a bit of the American Southwest thrown in, (given Martins home in New Mexico).

Both cultures produce blondes as in the case of some of the Daynes.

Also, Martel was even the name of Charlamagne's Grandfather.

I love the Martells.

Oded Fehr as Oberyn

Alexander Siddig as Doran

This,

But I could also see Cliff Simon as Oberyn, and if you do that, then you'll need an older Doran, so Erick Avari would do.

The biggest thing is that the Martells should look Moorish (Mediterranean/Middle-Eastern/Indian). The Sand Snakes can have greater variety, as long as a few look moorish.

I would approve of Selma Hayek or Penelope Cruz as Arianne, even though I think they may be a little old for the part.

GH

I am sorry but Mark Strong should not be playing a Martell. He looks nothing like what a Martell should look like. They should be slim, nimble, olive-skinned, black hair, etc. They should be cast with actors with Mediterranean heritage, Middle-Eastern heritage, or even latin heritage. Personally, I don't want Mark Strong anywhere in GoT. He's a pretty crap actor and kind of annoying to look at on screen, in my opinion lol. The suggestions for the sand snakes in this thread have all been great. Such beautiful women.

Keep in mind, the "beauty" of the Martels may have as much to do with their Mothers and where they are from, as their Fathers, as in the case of Arianne whose Mother was Nervossi.

One Sand Snake is blonde with blue eyes.

As far as the rest go, they sound like the Kardashians.

In fact, Arianne is actually the only attactive-sounding Martel.

Doran, Elia, and Quentyn are all described as rather ordinary.

Ha! Wonder which part. I'm still sticking with her, (see link below), as my vision of what Arienne looks like. She could never BE her, I mean, I doubt she can act...but she is how I picture Arienne.

http://www.flickr.co...ign/3797658481/

http://wallpapersonl...icolepcd_15.jpg

I can't see it mostly because Arianne was described as both short and voluptuous -- a real bombshell, not anywhere near as thin or lithe as Nicole Scherzinger. Even though GRRM has said Selma isn't really who he'd envisioned, I think her look is more in line with Arianne...short and busty.

maybe barbara mori could play arianne or one of the sand snakes? apart from her eyes i think she matches arianne's description well, being short, latin so she has the tan skin, curvy and she is best known for playing a seductress in a soap opera. Mind you, her acting skills may not be good enough for Game of Thrones...

Most likely. I mean they cast the qartheen with mostly caucasian british actors. The whitewashing of the cast with a couple black actors is really annoying. I really hope they go with established persian/middle eastern/mediterranean/latino actors for Dorne rather than british actors with good tans.

Might just be my cynicism, but I think Quentyn will be cut entirely by the time they get around to filming ADwD.

Not so Sure about this, I feel as though Quentyn fulfills the Mirri Maz Dur prophecy about her husband returning to her.

Not so Sure about this, I feel as though Quentyn fulfills the Mirri Maz Dur prophecy about her husband returning to her.

uhm... I'm sorry, but if by "her" you mean "Daenerys"... have you read A Dance With Dragons? ;)

Keep in mind, the "beauty" of the Martels may have as much to do with their Mothers and where they are from, as their Fathers, as in the case of Arianne whose Mother was Nervossi.

One Sand Snake is blonde with blue eyes.

As far as the rest go, they sound like the Kardashians.

In fact, Arianne is actually the only attactive-sounding Martel.

Doran, Elia, and Quentyn are all described as rather ordinary.

I know she's not technically a Martell but Nymeria is also described as being attractive (I think the part in question says she has the looks that Obara lacks).

Tyene is the one you're thinking of with blonde hair and blue eyes. And Sarella is black so the Sand Snakes are kind of a diverse bunch.

Archived