Mafia Game 83: Day 3

House Targaryen

Does anyone have a read on Kettleblack? Something strikes me as a little weird but I'm not that I'd call it evil weird.

Apart from his first post- which was mostly a discussion of post numbers that doesn't seem too relevent that early on- his contribution seems mostly in the form of agreeing with other people. I think he was saying he had connection problems in the first post though (?), so I don't want to read too much into his absense right now.

Any thoughts?

ETA: my eyes are now bloodshot. Gonna get some sleep.

I'll vote Celtigar. He seems experienced enough to know better than still pushing the Greyjoy lynch.

Especially "blackfyre symping Greyj" doesn't make sense to me. I feel he's making this up.

I won't explain anymore about this matter unless Greyjoy asks me to.

Lannister has been around yesterday by this time of day. Manderly and Kettleblack are also drifting by. We need a different topic:

how about: Baratheon, did you know you started your two first posts with "G", but not the third one? that was disappointing.

Fell, Pomm, Greyjoy: if you're around, any of you has thoughts on Baratheon?

Null read, I'd say.

I'd agree to lynch him for CF, but for now I am much more interested in Reed and Arryn. Or you.

I keep forgetting about you, and you even aren't a low poster, are you? Bad sign.

Working on a re-read. Here's what I've got so far:

House Arryn

Short posts with minimal analysis. Echos uncertainty on Greyjoy while sitting on a joke vote for Blackfyre. Seems focused on Greyjoy but not enough to vote for him, with some suspicion on Tully. Thinks Reed and Hunter are clean. Defends Reed's "bad feeling" about Greyjoy. I don't like the fact that he seems to be lurking on the sidelines, and that his posts (while frequent enough to avoid an inactivity finger) don't involve much thought.

House Hunter

Comments obliquely on the Greyjoy mess, puts a semi-serious? vote on me. Quick to join Blackfyre in pointing fingers at Lannister (based on what looks to me like a pretty innocuous comment, although I too dislike Lannister's inactivity). Expresses concern on several player's lack-of/limited posting. Tries to hash out the Greyjoy issue (this looks good). Asks Greyjoy to put a coherent argument together and defend himself. I actually really like that he kept his vote on me despite pressure, as at least it seems like he's trying to work things out before switching.

House Celtigar

Early action limited to jokes and a non-serious vote on Wythers. Second vote on Greyjoy. Defends his position on Greyjoy in a exchange with Blackfyre. Suspicious of Blackfyre but would not lynch him early because he likes his style of posting, posing that it could benefit either team. Otherwise willing to switch vote for lynch. Generally speaking, his posts seem honest to me but I'd like to see more analysis outside of Greyjoy.

House Fell

Late appearance, agrees with Lannister on Greyjoy. Later supports Celtigar on Greyjoy. Continues limited activity but no longer suspicious of Greyjoy, expresses vague interest in Hunter, Arryn, Lannister and Reed. Points out Arryn's strange support of Reed. His posts (the few that there are) seem relatively safe, and that in and of itself bothers me. I'd definitely like to see some explaination of his current suspicions.

House Frey

First vote on Greyjoy. Long disappearance before unvoting (doesn't specify why), turns attention to myself, Celtigar and Blackfyre but does not elaborate on his suspicions. Thinks Hunter, Arryn and Tully are clean based on 'feeling'. Stop pussyfooting around and get your thoughts on the table, before the inherant hatred/mistrust of anything Frey gets the better of me.

House Greyjoy

Opens with night vote, removes it under pressure only to reinstate it a page later. Little justification for vote given other than "it'd be fun", which most can agree makes no sense. Bizarre exchange with Celtigar regarding healing/NK. Other than the night vote, only shows interest in voting Celtigar. Suspects a Tully/Celtigar team and that Frey is clean. Possible suspicion of Arryn. His more recent posts feel town and almost make me want to write off his earlier behavior as newbie insanity, but I've done that before and been burned.

House Kettleblack

Arrives on page 4, analyzes vote counts and places a second vote on me but backs off it rather quickly? and instead backs me on my Tully vote. Not sure I like that. Calls Blackfyre on his aggressive play. Brief comment on balance, mostly echoing Celtigar. Ultimately I want to see more posts, as I have a bad feeling here.

House Lanninster

Comments on the wisdom/lack-there-of in going to night. Other than that, where the heck are you?

House Manderly

Late arrival, echos Greyjoy concerns. Has a "couple suspicions" but doesnt elaborate. Asked to do so by Blackfyre but pleads first day, no opinion other than that Blackfyre may be indirectly defending Greyjoy. Overwhelming vagueness that's beyond annoying and strikes me as an attempt to lay low, yet somehow still strikes me as honest.

House Pommingham

Kicks Greyjoy's tires on the night vote but seems to dismiss him as a threat, then disappears for a long period of time. Returns to plant a quick vote on Reed for inactivity and poor justification of his vote. "Odd vibes" about Arryn. Unwilling to vote Blackfyre or Celtigar, likes Frey. Not getting much of a read on him, would like to see some other peoples' opinions.

House Reed

Joke post early, doesn't reappear until page 6 to land the 4th vote on Greyjoy based on the night vote. Feels like a convenience vote coming on the tail of Hunter's analysis and the suggestion that Hunter may vote Greyjoy. Feels honest, but lazy. I put him on the same page as Kettleblack. Explain your view of the field and convince me I'm wrong in distrusting you.

House Tully

Another late appearance, places a very hesitant? third vote on Greyjoy. Justifies it on Greyjoy's persistence in voting night. Reappears to question Greyjoy on his suspicion of a Tully/Celtigar team. Defends position on Greyjoy, thinks Blackfyre is inno if Greyjoy comes up guilty. Expresses concern about Pom, Fell for limited posting. Feels good to me in recent posts. I'm removing my vote, but still deciding who.

House Blackfyre

Lots of random questions and arguing, which I have little problem with (apart from it's heavy-handed nature at times). Semi-clears Pommingham and Frey despite little activity. Thinks Greyjoy may be clean, but is still distracted by him. Flames Celtigar for poor justification of his Greyjoy vote, but eventually backs off. Brief discussion on balance. Feels Reed is clean? and that Arryn may be trying to slip under radar. Echos suspicion of Fell's inactivity. In general the flashy playstyle feels town to me, but the interaction with Celtigar could be staged by an experienced player. Reserving judgement for the time being.

House Wythers

Watches the Greyjoy explosion with little reaction. Turns his suspicion to Reed, despite the fact that several other players haven't checked in or have posted minimally. Tries to convince Tully on Reed? Pops in occasionally to pose questions but does not react to responses openly. Attentive to Lannister's inactivity, possibly suspicious of me. Seems to be trying to keep things lighthearted. I like the questioning game, but I want more of a window into that squirelly head of yours.

Moving my vote to Arryn until he proves to me he isn't a scummy scumbag. Reed and Kettleblack, you are on notice.

Does anyone have a read on Kettleblack?

Initially, I hardly disliked his sureness that we have two evil teams and was close to voting him because of that... but after Celtigar (and Tully?) also assumed two evil teams, I assumed I just miss something obvious.

Otherwise, I don't think Kettleblack contributed something of use.

I'll vote Celtigar. He seems experienced enough to know better than still pushing the Greyjoy lynch.

Especially "blackfyre symping Greyj" doesn't make sense to me. I feel he's making this up.

Lannister has been around yesterday by this time of day. Manderly and Kettleblack are also drifting by. We need a different topic:

how about: Baratheon, did you know you started your two first posts with "G", but not the third one? that was disappointing.

ye and after my last post i went to sleep and then i was away from home.

can say nothing about Frey, too few posts.

but Frey, did i skip your mentioning a reason for changing your mind about Greyjoy or you didn't mention it at all?

It is day 1.

15 players remain: House Arryn, House Baratheon, House Blackfyre, House Celtigar, House Fell, House Frey, House Greyjoy, House Hunter, House Kettleblack, House Lannister, House Manderly, House Pommingham, House Reed, House Tully, House Wythers

Greyjoy (3): Celtigar, Tully, Reed

Tully (1): Kettleblack

Baratheon (1): Hunter

Blackfyre (1): Arryn

Lannister (1): Blackfyre

Reed (1): Pommingham

Celtigar (1) : Frey

Arryn (1) :Baratheon

Night (1): Greyjoy

Not voting (4): Fell, Lannister, Manderly, Wythers,

8 votes are need for a lynch or to go to night.

House Pommingham

Kicks Greyjoy's tires on the night vote but seems to dismiss him as a threat, then disappears for a long period of time. Returns to plant a quick vote on Reed for inactivity and poor justification of his vote. "Odd vibes" about Arryn. Unwilling to vote Blackfyre or Celtigar, likes Frey. Not getting much of a read on him, would like to see some other peoples' opinions.

Actually, I am pretty sure I never said anything about Reed's inactivity.

If you tried just to make a digest of what every players did say, you could at least be accurate.

In fact, this digest looks somewhat awful. I won't vote you for this only, but my opinion about you is much worse now.

Reed also has too few post to judge from. i can understand the reasoning under his vote against Greyjoy, although what the post he had mentioned made me feel was rather frustration than suspicion. i mean, i know it feels bad for an inno to be accused, but then it would be more logical to try to explain yourself rather than to say ok, i'll just stick to my night vote then and stay away from the game...

Initially, I hardly disliked his sureness that we have two evil teams and was close to voting him because of that... but after Celtigar (and Tully?) also assumed two evil teams, I assumed I just miss something obvious.

Otherwise, I don't think Kettleblack contributed something of use.

Hey look Pommingham is obvtown now. Go me.

P.s. I'm flashy in general, it's probably not an alignment tell.

I don't really want to lynch baratheon, sure a lot of that post was 'information' and basically summarising stuff but he ends it all with analysis at the very least. I'd probably wanna lynch him if Lannister flipped scum a lot more, though.

Wait so first you accuse someone of being a healer then you turn around and say he's scum, then you say 'haha guys I'm just kidding look how much fun we're having' and you expect us to treat it as perfectly normal.

as for Arryn, this is the post that i do not like because, as Greyjoy has already stated, the interpretation of his own words that Arryn had given seems to be kind of twisted in the way that would suit his accusation better.

I will not ask you to.

And to all posts about me disappearing. You do realise people sleep... and work.

Archived