Mafia Game 83: Day 3

House Targaryen

and for the record.. how can you be "confident" on voting 'night'? I just don't quite get it... Oh yes, I'm certain that 'the night' is a killer... come on... are you even listening to yourself?! Plus I clearly stated that it was meant to add a little more spice and give everyone the chance to do some mischief. quoted right there... without a quote cause I'm too lazy to go back two pages and look for the quote.

Now I (you can't see it, but I emphasized that last I) will sit back and see who YOUR partner is Celtigar.. since I for sure know YOU are scum. That or you can just kill me in the night, (or try to), and have your behind lynched the day after.

PS: If you are a healer, you better start healing me, because if I appear dead tomorrow, you are certainly going bye bye. So start praying, if you're into that.

Whoa there kitten! The confidence was your play-style, not confidence in your vote. Instead you are now a ping pong ball. You know I'm evil? And if you die tonight (yeah right. If you aren't lynched, there's no way you are being NK-ed in a hurry!) I'm clearly evil? And I should heal you, and maybe out myself as the healer too?

You know what? If you flip innocent, I'll eat a chocolate bar. Sure it doesn't sound that bad, but I'm trying to lose weight!

This, I don't like at all. A blustery opening full of confidence, but when some pressure is applied the squid collapses and reverses his stance. And with a claim to have checked the rules! When the rule list / role list is as long and convoluted as in this game, you ALWAYS read through it. Claiming not to seems like a very disingenuous "RI" claim to me.

Greyjoy Is a killer. Now I sit back and watch to see who his partner is.

Yeah. This is complete bullshit. Why are Killers less likely to read the rules? How is that anything but a personality tell? This vote is silly, and your bluster at the end makes it worse.

Greyjoy's response looks fairly town too, actually.

I didn't really want to vote Greyjoy after his first vote for night, because although I'm always a little suspicious of people who want to go to night straight away on the first day, I wanted to get a better read.

Now though it does seem like he/she is being far too defensive. Why not stay in the dark? Because it gives us a lot more to work on if we know whether the lynched person is guilty or not. If they're guilty, then we look at the people that interacted with them and manage to get a hell of a lot more information.

Even if you missed reading it the first time, you're now revoting and then backtracking again and oh my days I just cannot imagine why you would revote night after saying you only did it to add spice and... urgh. Greyjoy.

do you actually think scum are going to come out and go HEY LET'S NOT LYNCH TO MAKE IT MORE FUN, despite it being a REALLY (I REPEAT) REALLY dumb strategy?

Why is overdefensiveness more likely to come from scum than town?

Yeah. This is complete bullshit. Why are Killers less likely to read the rules? How is that anything but a personality tell? This vote is silly, and your bluster at the end makes it worse.

Greyjoy's response looks fairly town too, actually.

Killers aren't less likely to read the rules.

People pretending to be roleless innocents are more likely to pretend to have not read the rules.

There's an interesting difference. Think about it.

Sorry about the delay, reading now.

Greyjoy is top poster, jumps to night early, jumps off, jumps on. And blusters. He is chaotic,and may end up doing more harm then good by chaos. But, with two evil factions, and reading the rules it seems like we're going to lose two players a night until an evil team is eliminated. And he feels innocent to me. We can't afford to throw away players.

Blackfyre, is the second highest poster, with one post less as of this writing. So far their interactions seem to be entirely reactive to other players. He feels a little less innocent, but not so much that I feel comfortable voting them as of yet.

Next come a few posters in the middle. My bet is we'll find at least one wicked FM or SM in that group. Right now Baratheon is the most suspicious of that lot, by making statements about "getting the willies without acting on it. Evasive language like that gives them an out if Greyjoy turns out to be bad, but also is toothless enough not to start a fight.

Finally there are the single posters like myself. Probably a mix of folk who finally had time to get to their computers, or are trying to lay low. We'll probably find a baddie in that group as well, but we have bunk to work with so I can't really put pressure on any of them.

You know what? I'll vote Night once again. Apparently you can't do anything here without being suspected as scum.

And yet again, I had actually missed the part of the "if there are no lynches by day one, no more CRs will be posted"... or something like that.

yeah this is totally innocent btw. i don't think the 'you can't do anything without being suspected' line seems unlikely to come from scum.

People pretending to be roleless innocents are more likely to pretend to have not read the rules.

why do you assume he's pretending to be a roleless innocent though. how does NOT READING THEM make one a more likely RI than PR? if anything it's like literally the opposite. yeah whatever your point is silly and I'm going to ignore it.

Blackfyre, is the second highest poster, with one post less as of this writing. So far their interactions seem to be entirely reactive to other players. He feels a little less innocent, but not so much that I feel comfortable voting them as of yet.

reactive as opposed to ____ fill in the blank. how else do you start a game if by not reacting to peoples' posts?

why do you assume he's pretending to be a roleless innocent though. how does NOT READING THEM make one a more likely RI than PR? if anything it's like literally the opposite. yeah whatever your point is silly and I'm going to ignore it.

It's rather simple really. You see...

Oh wait. You are ignoring it, because it doesn't fit your current model of the game, or because it helps further your faction to do so. In that case, no. I'm not telling why it's perfectly obvious he's pretending! :)

When he flips guilty, you HAVE to be next on the chopping block. Even if it is clear you are a symp rather than a killer.

Right now Baratheon is the most suspicious of that lot, by making statements about "getting the willies without acting on it. Evasive language like that gives them an out if Greyjoy turns out to be bad, but also is toothless enough not to start a fight.

Finally there are the single posters like myself. Probably a mix of folk who finally had time to get to their computers, or are trying to lay low.

Because that's clearly a TERRIBLE idea on day one... ;)

Considering half the players hadn't even checked in at the time of my earlier posts, I saw no point in rushing to put my vote in. It drives me crazy when people spam-switch their votes, even on the first day when folks are joking around. Why pounce on the easy vote when you can just as easily wait for a few more of the rats to come out of the woodwork and out themselves in the meantime? This is our only CF so best make good use of it by having as much interaction as possible before lynch, yes?

PS: If you are a healer, you better start healing me, because if I appear dead tomorrow, you are certainly going bye bye. So start praying, if you're into that.

This doesn't sound like something a roleless innocent (or someone pretending to be a RI) would say...

This doesn't sound like something a roleless innocent (or someone pretending to be a RI) would say...

I know. Damning, isn't it?

I mean, if you was worth a Night 1 heal, you clearly think you have a good role. And if you had a good role, you'd certainly make sure you read the rules so you knew how to use it, wouldn't you?

Obviously there are other considerations too, but nice one. Now you just have to follow that reasoning through to the point where you add a bold Greyjoy on the end. :)

Because that's clearly a TERRIBLE idea on day one... ;)

Considering half the players hadn't even checked in at the time of my earlier posts, I saw no point in rushing to put my vote in. It drives me crazy when people spam-switch their votes, even on the first day when folks are joking around. Why pounce on the easy vote when you can just as easily wait for a few more of the rats to come out of the woodwork and out themselves in the meantime? This is our only CF so best make good use of it by having as much interaction as possible before lynch, yes?

Point, and it's a good enough reason to unvote. OTOH Tully dropped the same kind of wishy washy as I was writing, and hasn't justified it as eloquently as you have.

Archived