Mafia Game 83: Day 3

House Targaryen

Wait so first you accuse someone of being a healer then you turn around and say he's scum, then you say 'haha guys I'm just kidding look how much fun we're having' and you expect us to treat it as perfectly normal.

No, I never accused him of being a healer, I just told him that IF he was a healer he should heal during the night, because if I appeared dead the next night, his head would be the next on the chopping block.

And the kidding part its not so much as kidding, more like I said: mischief, messing a bit with the heads with a vote like "night"...

Arryn... Now I'm scared of you... You are twisting my words in such a suspicious manner..

Hey manderly what are your suspicions?

or should that be who? idk idgaf

It's the first day. None of my suspicions are concrete; it's difficult to tell what could be suspicious behavior or just personality.

I believe Celtigar and Tully are taking advantage on Frey's vote and are scum together, although this will be pretty obvious. So I believe they are taking advantage on Frey's vote... period. So right now I can't do anything to change Celtigar and Trully's votes. Frey on the other hand should reconsider, now that he's seen more of the mayhem and find that the whole discussion is just silly.

I still don't know what to make of your motivations, but what are your reasons for believing they are scum?

@Greyjoy- When you say spice it up, how do you mean? Did you just want us to talk or do you actually want to go to night? Are you basing your reads on Celtigar and I solely on our both voting for you? Do you get town reads from anyone?

(I’m gonna be on and off all day because I have lectures but I’ll probably be here for when the day ends.)

It's the first day. None of my suspicions are concrete; it's difficult to tell what could be suspicious behavior or just personality.

yes but I want you to name the people and maybe give a reason why. I don't care if they're concrete I want to be able to follow your thought process and see id you're genuinely trying to figure the game out.

Hi. Arryn can I have your 3 strongest reads, please.

What, you mean what I suspect of other characters? Okay. Greyjoy is very odd. He strikes me as a complete and total newbie, but at the same time seems so intent on drawing attention to himself that it's becoming annoying and suspicious, especially since he doesn't seem to have any reasons for wasting the one lynch day with a CF beyond 'spicing things up'.Tully seems sleazy because of the way he jumped on the Greyjoy bandwagon. And you and Centigar are trying to stir the pot to see what floats to the top, an action which all teams benefit from, Reed and Hunter seem earnest, Manderly seems like he'll jump onto the most appropriate wagon at a convenient time and I haven't formed concrete opinions on the others yet.

yes but I want you to name the people and maybe give a reason why. I don't care if they're concrete I want to be able to follow your thought process and see id you're genuinely trying to figure the game out.

Well, for instance, at first it seemed that you were jumping on anyone who said something about Greyjoy's actions today. I wondered why you seemed to be coming to his defense so strongly when he was really all over the place, especially after his attempt at intimidation. However, I've since thought that I may have initially read this wrong and that you just tend to question everything and everyone and enjoy causing a bit of tension.

ETA: Greyjoy's actions are confusing. I don't necessarily think the night vote means he's scum, but his other actions and statements make me wonder.

do you actually think scum are going to come out and go HEY LET'S NOT LYNCH TO MAKE IT MORE FUN, despite it being a REALLY (I REPEAT) REALLY dumb strategy?

Why is overdefensiveness more likely to come from scum than town?

IMO he’s new or he’s playing us really well. If he's new and scum, then yeah, he might do something stupid like that. He might not know it's a really dumb strategy. If he's not new, then he might be counting on us thinking that scum wouldn't possibly do something so obvious so that we discount him. If that's the case then it's worked pretty well. Am I just being too paranoid here?

When I said defensive, I meant over his decision to go to night even after reading the CF rule, not over him being attacked. Alright, so first it let's people create mischief, then it adds "spice", but when he realised that it means that two more players are potentially killed over night with us having no lynch result to go on... a vote for night just doesn't seem like a town vote IMO. I'm still not sure if he would actually want to go to night or if I've misunderstood that part.

I think that the votes on me are centred on the idea of me band-wagoning and because I can’t explain why I want to vote Greyjoy eloquently? I'd rather vote for someone that seems guilty to me, even if I was the third person to do it. It didn't come out fantastically, because yeah, I was pretty frustrated. Greyjoy’s playing style did frustrate me. I don’t feel great about anybody that seriously votes for night so early on in the first day, especially with the rules how they are now. I admit it might be possible that he missed them, but that bothers me too. If you’re new wouldn’t you read the rules thoroughly? If you’re not, wouldn’t you know the importance of checking them for every game?

So much of my opinion centres around his experience that it's un-nervining and it's making me paranoid. I'm gonna do some quick reads of everyone else before I go.

It is day 1.

15 players remain: House Arryn, House Baratheon, House Blackfyre, House Celtigar, House Fell, House Frey, House Greyjoy, House Hunter, House Kettleblack, House Lannister, House Manderly, House Pommingham, House Reed, House Tully, House Wythers

Greyjoy (4): Frey, Celtigar, Tully, Reed

Tully (2): Baratheon, Kettleblack

Baratheon (1): Hunter

Blackfyre (1): Arryn

Lannister (1): Blackfyre

Night (1): Greyjoy

Not voting (5): Fell, Lannister, Manderly, Pommingham, Wythers,

8 votes are need for a lynch or to go to night.

I don't know; I was just offering a possible reason why he could have missed it the first time if he is a newbie. He seemed genuine in the post when he removed the vote, like he realized that he did something that was not beneficial to the game.

It's everything after that that has me concerned about Greyjoy.

Going to bed. My vote will stay on Baratheon, though it might mean little and less. I'll be back before day 1 is done.

Okay Hunter, really, shed us some light here. Why do you keep your vote on Baratheon if you think it means "little and less"? I don't get your logic.

Baratheon seems town to me. Apart from slightly echoing Frey’s “Greyjoy’s post seems too obviously suspicious” in his first post (can’t blame him for it, I agree), he seems town. Reading this makes me almost sure he’s town.

I wouldn’t say Manderly was jumping on a bandwagon by voting for Greyjoy and I'm not sure that he'd jump on another one, but some of the things he’s saying are a little vague. Not scum-vague, especially because he doesn’t seem unwilling to explain what he meant when pressed. He seems more townish than certain others.

If Greyjoy is guilty then I’m almost positive that Blackfyre isn’t. A symp or partner isn’t going to defend another partner so openly without drawing loads of suspicion. In fact, I’m pretty sure that Blackfyre is town even if Greyjoy isn’t guilty.

Fell is irking me. He’s only posted twice so far, which is fair enough, so has Pommingham. I think it’s just the really mild questioning/reaction that bother me. It’s like he’s prodding without really having to form an argument.

I don't really feel much about anyone else just yet.

Arryn... Now I'm scared of you... You are twisting my words in such a suspicious manner..

Also, is this another joke or are you actually suspicious of him?

Fell is irking me. He’s only posted twice so far, which is fair enough, so has Pommingham. I think it’s just the really mild questioning/reaction that bother me. It’s like he’s prodding without really having to form an argument.

What about Reed? Reed has posted about as much. Why not him and Pommingham and Fell irk you?

Archived