Aussies LVI

sh_wulff

Cheers mate. I really hate dick moves. Has the rest of the league or FFA been on struggle street? I must admit I know next to nothing that has been going on in that area.

FFA just plunged their entire contingency fund into Western Sydney Unicorns, which is why Tinkler felt he could shaft them, as they wouldn't be able to fund a new Newy. Also the owners really don't like losing a combined $29m on clubs and not being able to soften their losses through sponsorship deals cos FFA has contracts with Hyundai, Qantas, etc. That's the real problem at the heart of all this.

Also wondering if this issue will make Tinkler rethink his other sporting investments in Newcastle.

Oh I get it, it's all about the Knights :P

He says they're fine, do we believe him?

It's probably a combination of cashflow issues and some major butthurt on FFA stiffing him on the license fee. He's got a point on the latter but it's still a dick move, he's done a lot of damage to the game when shit was bad enough already.

You don't think FFA is in any way responsible or fIFA?

I mean the corruption involved in the world cup is just so damned blatant and yet our soccer officials are still all "we have to be in it"

I like soccer and love the skill levels wich make some sports look almost skillless but the obvious corruption is what kills it. for me at least

I would just like to point out that:

(1) Sydney weather sucks;

(2) working sucks;

(3) I love AFL;

(4) Perth Glory will probably lose this weekend; and

(5) the Aussie BwB is awesome. Was great to catch up with the Stubbies last week and looking forward to upcoming shenanigans with Ser Cam coming up next weekend :thumbsup:.

I'm not sure what I think about this clandestine Perth BWB meeting in Sydney - it sounds like hatching plots to me.

So, it looks like we're meeting Ser Cam on Sunday night, who else is up for it?

(3) I love AFL;

Freeeeeeeooooooooo :thumbsup:

Wonderful sportsmanship shown by the St Kilda supporters after tonight's game...

Was good to see the Kangas win the rugby, too :)

(5) the Aussie BwB is awesome. Was great to catch up with the Stubbies last week and looking forward to upcoming shenanigans with Ser Cam coming up next weekend .

And then in July you get to put up with me for a few days :P

Next Sunday (29 April) in the city. There's no real plans as yet or a thread as we're completely unorganised as usual. Ser Cam's going to be in Wollongong for the day and he'll arrive at Central station about 7:30pm, so we could either meet him there and head off somewhere to eat/drink or if peeps want to meet somewhere else earlier then we can do that too.

I'm not sure what I think about this clandestine Perth BWB meeting in Sydney - it sounds like hatching plots to me.

So, it looks like we're meeting Ser Cam on Sunday night, who else is up for it?

Yep- belatedly ;)

Archived